Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L. This is my first car that has CarPlay. My wife will be the primary driver. But when I am driving I would like to use my phone for CarPlay. How should we set it up? Should she pair her phone with Bluetooth and then use the USB cable for CarPlay? When I want to use it, do I just use the USB cable and not pair mine with Bluetooth? Should she have her phone connected via Bluetooth and the USB cable?

Thanks!

·
Registered
425 Posts
CarPlay right now for the CRV is only thru the usb cable.
My wife's phone will automatically connect to the CRV's bluetooth (for phone calls), if she want's CarPlay, she has to plug in her phone. But when both of us are in the car, her phone will automatically connect to bluetooth thus I have to connect my phone thru usb to use CarPlay and by doing so, will also overide her bluetooth for phonecalls.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you @BBLee. Before today I was under the impression there isn't a need to pair the phone via Bluetooth if using CarPlay (which uses a USB cable). However, the salesman said if you have Honda Link installed, and it is connected via Bluetooth only (ex: you forgot to plug in the USB cable), then if you were in an accident it will automatically call 911. I'll have to research that a bit more.

But it sounds like for now, we will leave my wife's phone paired via Bluetooth, then when she wants CarPlay, she can plug it in via USB. If I am driving, I will plug my phone into USB to override her Bluetooth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts