Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this a few years ago...but I need some suggestions again.

I loved my 98 CR-V which had its final run two years ago. Out of desperation to buy a new car, I purchased a 2008 Subaru Forester. It's a good car but I'm not physically comfortable in it. I'm 5'2" and liked being higher up in the CR-V. The problem is the new models of everything are too big. At the time I test drove a 2011 CR-V and I liked it but I felt like I was in a mid-sized truck. A 2010 Ford Escape came closest but it felt a bit clunky and I've had past troubles with Fords. Also, and surprisingly, the Subaru gets worse gas mileage - averaging 21 mph. The Honda, even on its last days still got 27 (town/hwy combo).

I know 2nd Gen CRV are still good cards but buying a 10 year old car makes me nervous. I've looked at (haven't test drove) the new HRV and it's just a snazzy sedan. The Chevy Trax comes closest to what I'm looking for in dimensions (where have all the boxy cars gone?) I'm thinking I'm going to have to look at Jeeps or GMCs but I'm concerned about their reliability.

I'm in Western Colorado and do most town and interstate driving. I need the reliability for the occasionally rugged mountain trip and 20 miles between towns on the highway.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I would consider the HR-V before any of those options. It sits just as high as the CRV, comes in AWD and has the legendary Honda reliability. If I were you, I would never buy vehicle out of desperation again.

Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks - i'll test drive the HRV. I only gave it a quick once-over when they first came out, didn't explore thoroughly. i don't recommend buying out of desperation either, but when the car craps out and you live in an area with no public transportation...

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts