Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 CR-V SE Sport AUTO
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased this 2002 CRV SE Sport Auto and have found an issue that I need some advice on.

The check engine light was on when I was buying the car so scanned it, got a code back for the two O2 sensors and thought to myself that it was going to be a simple fix. Purchased the car for a very cheap price (and now I understand why I got it that cheap).

This weekend I lifted up the car ready to change the sensors to find that my cat converter wasn't there. It looks to me like someone has just welded in a piece of pipe in place. To add insult to injury it seems that whenever the cat converter was removed they also took both the wiring harness that the sensors attach to (see photos).

My questions are:
How much of a job is it going to be to rewire the harness?
Does anyone have a wiring digram?
Is this even a job you should do yourself or should I just take it to an exhaust shop?

I will also need to install a new cat converter. This part of the job seems like it would be more simple?

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
11,372 Posts
That is a shame. Looks as if the car was bodged due to theft of the converter. When was the last MOT?

I'd investigate getting one (and several feet of the harnesses) from a breaker. You would need the flanges and everything. Unless you can weld, a muffler shop would be the most straightforward installer.

Original harnesses would allow you to simply match up the wire colours.

Good luck.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hello,

You’re going to need a few items judging by your photos:-
1/ CAT and heat shield plus brackets.
2/ New front / rear sections of exhaust system to fit CAT correctly where it has been cut off and welded.
3/ Both front and rear O2 sensors.
4/ Harness for above.
I would go along to your local scrapyard explain your problem and see if they can help with the parts and photos or show you were the O2 harness fits.
I would also presume you are going to need your ECM (black box) reprograming for the missing CAT and O2 sensors to comply with emissions.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had my original CAT stolen recently (03 CRV). Replaced with BM91057H from ebay (although available elsewhere). About £130 and fits properly and good fitting kit provided. Had to replace centre section as they cut through that. Pretty straightforward job. O2 sensors from ebay too. As long as there is enough sensor cable left to play with you should be able to extend and fit a connector. Been running a couple on months now & passed MOT OK.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Trace cables back to inside the cabin floor most vehicles have the plug connector inside to avoid water messing them up, it might be just as simple as unplug it and use the new sensor with its plug and install it. Hopefully.
Gl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts