Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI folks.

My CC was sawed out on Sunday. We had a great 2006 Honda CRV with just about 100K on it. The insurance totaled the care out and now we are thinking of a new CRV but I wanted to know if the car design is still vulnerable to having the CC sawed out. Can anybody help me? Cause I really don't want to go through this again.
Thank you!

·
Registered
42 Posts
HI folks.

My CC was sawed out on Sunday. We had a great 2006 Honda CRV with just about 100K on it. The insurance totaled the care out and now we are thinking of a new CRV but I wanted to know if the car design is still vulnerable to having the CC sawed out. Can anybody help me? Cause I really don't want to go through this again.
Thank you!
Hi, sorry to hear about that, also sorry I don't know about vulnerability of current design, hopefully someone else can tell you.

Which country are you in? And did you mean your insurance company wrote off your CR-V because of the CC theft? If yes, I hope they gave you a good settlement.

Reactions: Cordelia

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
Man.... people can and will steal anything it seems. Most likely for the precious metals inside. I saw this article for a spike last year in thefts in Alberta Canada.... targeting older CRVs (2003-2009)

I seem to recall that Honda is locating the catlytic converters on their newer vehicles much closer to the engine now days. For the 1.5T I believe the converter is in the downpipe assembly. It is located inside the engine compartment so I don't think you can just go in and cut them out anymore. But the idiots may mistake one of the downstream resonators for a converter and cut that out instead (much cheaper to replace though). o_O

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man.... people can and will steal anything it seems. Most likely for the precious metals inside. I saw this article for a spike last year in thefts in Alberta Canada.... targeting older CRVs (2003-2009)

I seem to recall that Honda is locating the catlytic converters on their newer vehicles much closer to the engine now days. For the 1.5T I believe the converter is in the downpipe assembly. It is located inside the engine compartment so I don't think you can just go in and cut them out anymore. But the idiots may mistake one of the downstream resonators for a converter and cut that out instead (much cheaper to replace though). o_O

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am in New Orleans! I want to thank all of you for your help! I freaking loved that ?!!! My Hope is that Honda has redesigned the CC or alarm system so this wont happen again. Do y’all still like the 2019 CRV?

·
Registered
963 Posts
1) Welcome to the CR-V forum
2) Sorry about your CC...
3) Armed with a cordless grinder equipped with a cut-off blade most anything can be cut through quickly and easily...
4) "Do y’all still like the 2019 CRV?" - We have a '18 CR-V and we enjoy it very much!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. New Orleans is having a Automobile crime spike. Generally auto makers have some kind of response to that. I just wondered if anybody knew. Thank you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts