Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for a month this has been happening now, I park my '02 crv at my parking spot (in front of my house) and then the next day something is wrong with the crv, for example, Scratches with iron nails or stones on the paint, a broken mirror, screwed up radio antenna. and I have no way of knowing who the heck it is. Any ideas please? Is there like a car camera that would record 360 degrees what's happening outside so i can see who it is? or like a camera that can rotate depending on signals from an alarm system (when people touch the exterior) so that it can get them on camera?
P.s: I don't have a working alarm system and i doubt that would change much, he's just screw up something and run.. i need to get this moron.
Thank you all for the help

·
Registered
12 Posts
damn. is it only your car?

if you live in an apt. building, they should be able to help you out as well. maybe move your space or something? sounds like you got a hater on your hands.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in a house not a building unfortunately, but i have many neighbors but it is only my crv that this crap happens to, so im sure it is a hater or something as you said. and yeah its only my car, and the exterior stuff only but like right now, thanks to whoever he is I have around 4 long deep scratches, by long i mean around 1 - 1.5meters lol and a few minor ones.. thing is I don't think i should bothering fixing anything without catching him first since he can just do it again.

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can try Transcend DrivePro 220, from the website: With the latest motion detection technology, DrivePro 220 can automatically start recording when the sensor detects a movement in Parking Mode.

*Parking Mode will drain DrivePro 220's battery

·
Registered
776 Posts
I had a similar situation happen to my car twice when I drove a Saab !! Always happened in the parking lot of a big box farm store near here and in broad daylight !!! I'm virtually certain it was a dumbass redneck (there are plenty out here in the country of America's Dairyland) who thought in his little narrow mind that a foreign car was unAmerican and proceeded to kick out the foglights at $160/per !! As anyone with any degree of awareness knows we live in an International economy where cars are assembled from parts from around the World. The irony of the situation at that time was Saab was 100% owned by GM !! He's very lucky I never caught him or there'd be another crime committed. Use a trail cam - they work great ! Craig

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just an FYI....
Since I'm the one who suggested the camera system from Tiger Direct, I wanted to follow up....I ordered mine as a Christmas present to myself. It arrived today. On a whim, I called them to confirm their holiday return policy. I was informed that their return policy is 30 days from delivery...period. I told them the product would not even be opened for 45 days so it would be impossible to know if the product is defective...or as advertised, until then. I was told there are NO holiday exceptions.

I immediately made arrangements to return the unopened box and ordered a similar product from Amazon. Their holiday returns policy is that anything shipped after Nov 1 can be returned thru Jan 31.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts