Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery had to be disconnected and now the CD & AM/FM Radio do not come on. ENTER CODE shows up on the screen. AS far as I can determine this is This is a 2007 CRV w AM/FM Radio EX-L Model without navigation system. I found nothing the the Owner's Manual that shows how to FIND and How and Where to Re-ENTER the CODE?

Would there be somebody, able to take the time tell me and perhaps lead me to locating the 8 digit Code and how to re-enter it in the system? Your assistance concerning this matter would very much be appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to assist this old senior. KK USAF 62-66

·
Registered
478 Posts
My code was on a sticker on the glove box wall.
Look there.
When it tells you to enter it--do that.
I guess a digital key board will come up.
Something will.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't been able to locate the code in area designed? Maybe this will help as I was able to find the sales papers. According This is described as a 2007 CR-V 5DR 4WD EX-L. So far no code and no much help on the screen, other than ENTER CODE!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Haven't been able to locate the code in area designed? Maybe this will help as I was able to find the sales papers. According This is described as a 2007 CR-V 5DR 4WD EX-L. So far no code and no much help on the screen, other than ENTER CODE!
Register the vehicle with Honda online.
owners.honda.com

You should be able to retrieve the code after registering.

If that doesn't work, bring the vehicle to a Honda dealer and ask the service writer for the radio code. They'll want your VIN to look it up. Have your registration and driver's license available if you're asked for it. 2 codes will show up, you want the 5 digit code.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I had to do some transmission work on a 2002 Accord today, and had to look up the code. You can retrieve it online direct from Honda. However, you need your VIN number and the serial number from the radio. The glove compartment had a sticker with the radio's serial number on it. Without that, I would have had to pull the radio from the dash to get the serial--not something I was keen on doing. On some of the newer pushbutton in-dash units (from 2002-ish and up), you can hold down preset buttons 1 and 6, turn the ignition on, and the radio will display the serial number, four digits at a time.

The only thing to be concerned about is if the radio was ever replaced. If the radio was not registered with that vehicle after being replaced (wherein it would not be tied to the correct vehicle), you could run into a problem.

http://radio-navicode.honda.com

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much to you and others for replying. Especially for posting the link! At one time there may of been a sticker or card in the glove compartment. That was the first place I decided to look, however I could find not the card or sticker. HOWEVER:) I found and went through all the books, pamphlets & paperwork that was prepared when the Honda was purchased. I located and started to go throughThe the 2007 Honda Service History Pre-Delivery Inspection on Page 1 and lo & behold it listed the AUDIO CODE for the Vehicle.

Then got the procedure from a Honda Dealership on how to go about initiating & installing procedure. Even this SC was able to comprehend the instructions. All is now working well without having to search and/or remove radio for the SN. Thank you & all that assisted with this matter. KO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts