Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have recently purchased a 2006 CR-V and I would like to upgrade the audio system.

What I am looking for is something with Ipod connectivity and SatNav in addition to the standard CD player. Under my existing CD player is an empty bay which I to assume is there to allow for upgrades.

The main question I have is this, as I am currently able to change volume/change mode and change track/station from the wheel I would like the new system to be compatible to do this as well. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so can anyone recommend any models that would meet the requirements as stated above.

Many thanks,

Josh

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hello, in my 2005 Ex, I had the same issues as you do.

So looking around, and looking so i acquired from best buy this radio:

INA-W900BT Alpine

It almost fits the center console as the original radio, but they adapted it with a kit as they have it in the store
it was a little complicated for me to do it, because there were many wires and pieces, etc

They radio has everything you are asking, for ipod the run a wire on the glove compartment so you can plug it in.
navigation system, cd player, etc

i did not get it connected to the steering wheel because i dont like it anyway to control it from there, but it can be done if you buy another harness or circuit run from the radio into the connector on the steering wheel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats perfect thanks, ill have a look at the model and then see where i can buy it cheap....ill then go and find someone to fit it all....professionally ofcourse as im new to this.

thanks again.

·
Registered
220 Posts
ok, just go online and see how it looks, and then you can shop around if you want for pricing.

It is a nice radio and it fits almost perfect, if not keep looking for something cheaper i guess, but me personally, i like it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts