Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I hope I can get some help in this forum
I have the 2018 CR-V but unfortunately there's no cd player anymore. What would I need to do to connect a portable cd player and which features would this cd player need. Would a Bluetooth cd player work with the cars audio system? I don't have any technical skills but I assume Bluetooth would just work like my cell phone?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Hello, I hope I can get some help in this forum
I have the 2018 CR-V but unfortunately there's no cd player anymore. What would I need to do to connect a portable cd player and which features would this cd player need. Would a Bluetooth cd player work with the cars audio system? I don't have any technical skills but I assume Bluetooth would just work like my cell phone?
If you search a bit some folks provided links to USB CD players that work out of the box.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Here's how you do it:

1) Get a streaming subscription
2) Make online playlists of your favorite music
3) Stream it over your mobile phone with the car's Bluetooth.

or the harder way:

1) Rip your CD-s on your computer
2) Copy the MP3-files on a USB stick and go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you but I couldn't get that to work. I ripped CD's to my computer and moved then to my cell phone, but it didn't work. I must have due during wrong. I'm looking for a dummy proof solution.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Which phone?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Which phone?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
A USB memory stick is the easiest way. That said, does the music play on your phone? If so, just connect via Bluetooth and use Google's Play Music app.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
G6 is a standard Android phone, so if you copied the music into Music folder in your file system you should be good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it didn't work, I gave up to do it via my phone, I'm looking for an external cd player. I could get one with speakers but I would prefer to connect it to the cars audio

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Well it didn't work, I gave up to do it via my phone, I'm looking for an external cd player. I could get one with speakers but I would prefer to connect it to the cars audio
What format didn't work?

Also, USB flash drive is much easier than dragging around an external CD player.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm sorry I don't know how to proceed with the music from my cd's. I don't know what I did wrong and I do not know anything about a format. I just would like to know which kind of cd player I have to buy to connect to my 2018 crv

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I'm sorry I don't know how to proceed with the music from my cd's. I don't know what I did wrong and I do not know anything about a format. I just would like to know which kind of cd player I have to buy to connect to my 2018 crv
Click on the link I included in the post above yours. It shows you exactly what you need.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,138 Posts
Here's how you do it:

1) Get a streaming subscription
2) Make online playlists of your favorite music
3) Stream it over your mobile phone with the car's Bluetooth.

or the harder way:

1) Rip your CD-s on your computer
2) Copy the MP3-files on a USB stick and go.
better things to do w/my time than sit there burning over 100 cds to a jump drive.
and refuse to pay for music i already own.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts