Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, my wife and I both drive the CRV. I will be primary and she will be an occasional driver. If I add her phone, is there any sense of priority of the phones in the list? Meaning if mine was the first added and then I add her phone, if we both get in the car with our phones who will "win"?

Thanks,
OB

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hi there atps1234, I have a Thailand built 2013 CRV and in my CRV the cell priority is sorted Alphabetically.
My wife being 'L' and myself 'P', her cell phone always connects first, I don't how the system works on US built CRV's.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hi folks, my wife and I both drive the CRV. I will be primary and she will be an occasional driver. If I add her phone, is there any sense of priority of the phones in the list? Meaning if mine was the first added and then I add her phone, if we both get in the car with our phones who will "win"?

Thanks
OB
This is a mystery to me as well. My CRV seems to whimsically choose which phone is considered the primary, maybe based on which one it finds first. This is odd and annoying; pairing a phone in other cars typically allows you to designate one as the primary.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I called Honda tech support. This is a known characteristic and Honda's suggestion is to disable Bluetooth on the phone you don't want connected. Real 21st century stuff...

·
Registered
40 Posts

Thanks,
OB
I am very dissapointed with the phone connection choice. My CRV picks my wife's phone all the time. I start the car pull it out of the garage and then she gets in. It still grabs her phone. Today i picked up my daughter and the car picked her phone over mine. And I never set hers up. That's the last straw. What good is it if the drivers phone won't hook up? BTW If i'm the only one in the car my phone works fine..

·
Registered
6 Posts
On our 2018 CRV Touring it connects to the last phone it was connected to. This is our only car and we both are in it together most of the time. If my wife had driven alone, it will connect to her phone. To change it to my phone I have to do about 6 screen taps to change it to mine. There is no way to set a priority. However, if I drove alone it will connect to my phone without any screen taps. Our last car ('15 Ford Edge) had a setting for priority and it worked. What was Honda thinking, only one driver per car? Really! Or turn off Bluetooth on the phone you DON'T want to connect, yeah right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
Penman36
Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums
Honda CR-V Owners Club forum, the best hang-out to discuss CVT, Hybrids, trim levels and all things CR-V
Full Forum Listing