Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else experiencing an intermittent issue with the 12v power outlet just under the shift selector? I have tried several devices in it, and it seems that the device has to be inserted "just perfectly", not too deep, not too shallow, not too far clockwise, not too far counter clockwise to get the outlet to work. Once I find the "sweet spot" it's fine (as long as I don't bump it or otherwise disturb it). The outlet itself appears very clean, nothing dirty, or damaged that I can see. It doesn't appear to be a loose wire either. It is definitely related to the socket itself. Thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Otto888man, Thanks for the reply. What's the secret to getting to the back of the outlet? It appears to be a complete panel in the center. I thought perhaps the one module would "pop out".

Thanks.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,759 Posts
I recall some power plugs for cell phones used to be too narrow, wobble in the outlet and lose the connection. Used to be able to get adapters to sold the problem.Sometimes I used an elastic band to hold it just right....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Also it is not unheard of the fuses with a cracked bridge to cause intermittent issues. Replace the fuse just in case.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, think I found the issue. You may recall in my first post I mentioned that the socket looked "clean". Well upon closer examination, it looks like there is some kind of "silver" wax or similar on the center contact in the bottom of the socket. Maybe a piece of silver crayon? Lipstick? Who knows..... Whatever it is/was, it had me fooled into thinking the contact was not dirty. I was able to clean it with some brakleen and Q-tips and it appears to work MUCH better now. Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate all the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts