Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

First post on the forum and its a problem, however that doesn't say anything about my crv owning experience.

Issue I'm having is kinda strange, i enter my CR-V and slide the draw in the center console back only to find a dozen or so of the support gliders fallen into the draw itself, to me it seems like the glue holding them on has failed, maybe due to our caribbean heat.

anyways my plan was to glue them back on but im not sure how i would reinsert the slider into the track when all are glued on.

if anyone has diagrams of how and if this center console can come apart i would be grateful for those. linked are two pictures showing the type of center console equipped on to the CR-V.

Thanks for the help in advance CRV Console (1).jpg CRV Console (2).jpg

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I'm guessing you are out of warranty? If it is under warranty I'd be at the dealership tomorrow.

Good luck!

·
Registered
24 Posts
no worries, i located it myself View attachment 9514
Hi g.amarnani, have this problem myself, as well as the lid for #9 not closing. Planning to try your fix soon, what Caribbean country are you from? From Trinidad myself. Also, where did you get that diagram? Stuff like that is gold!

Also, was prising out #2 enough to the cover to reinstall it with all the support gliders glued back on?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok, so for anyone else in this situation, here's how I got through.

A) Prise out #1 using a plastic tool

B) There's a plastic pin holding some wires to the base of the assembly of #'s 4, 8 & 9. Disconnect the harness connectors from the power and aux socket to make the removal of this clip easier. The clip can be removed by compressing the "ears" - use a needlenose pliers or something similar, and pulling. The assembly of #'s 4, 8 & 9 can be pulled out by hand as a unit. There's also a big harness here that you'll need to disconnect.

C) There are 2 screws slightly diagonal (black Philips, hex head screws - these are now "C-screws") behind #1, remove those two

D) Remove mat #6 and cover #5

E) There are 2 C-screws below cover #5 to be removed.

F) The remainder of the entire center console can now be removed as a unit

G) Turn unit upside down, and remove two screws holding #2 in place (silvery philips, self thread/tapping type screws - the kind you would use with a pilot hole - these are now "G-screws") and remove panel #2

H) There are two more G-screws behind the top of #2 to be removed and three just in front of where the top of the sliding cover would be closed, also remove these

I) There are plastic pins (one each side) "I-pin" just below where the #3 is on the diagram, push the center back out from inside then the pin should come out easily (you may have to squeeze the ears on the pins back in)

J) The sliding drawer assembly should now be separate from the case

K) There's a metal bracket holding the assembly together with four smaller silvery philips, self thread/tapping type screws "K-screws", remove these and slide the bracket off. Mine was kinda stuck due to a coffee spill from years ago

L) There are four G-screws holding the power and aux socket panel in place, remove these and remove the panel

M) There are a few more (can't remember exactly how many) screws along the center seam of the drawer assembly, remove all of these

N) There are four more K-screws holding the back panel "N-panel" (behind #2) in place

O) There are 2 clips holding the N-panel (one each side) and one clip holding the center seam together at the front, carefully disengage these (don't break them!)

P) Now you should be able to glue your supports to your cover (I roughed each support with sandpaper and the cover with a wire brush, then glued with JB weld, let set for 24 hours) (try to be as exact as possible, center them, make sure different support don't extend different amounts on either side - this can make the repaired cover hard to slide and prone to failure again)

Q) Reassemble! Place the cover between the two halves of the drawer assembly in the tracks before reassembling! (You may need some help to do this - an extra pair of hands)

This was typed from memory, but I pretty much just finished putting it back together. Best of luck!

Tags for searches: JDM 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Honda CRV CR-V Japanese International UK center console sliding drawer support repair

1 - 7 of 7 Posts