Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... so I hate the storage in the center console on the CR-V (and the glove box too, for that matter). It's just kinda like a big bucket that everything gets lost into. On my Ford I at least had a tray that sat at the top of the console that I could put some cash, credit cards and mini-flashlight into.

I thought about designing something and having it 3D printed, but that would be a minimum $100.

Anyone got any good ideas to tame the center console and / or glove box on the CR-V?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Anyone got any good ideas to tame the center console and / or glove box on the CR-V?
I bought this: Sorry about the fuzzy image, but see the link.

black organizer.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fashion-Women-Cosmetic-Makeup-Bag-Organizer-Handbag-Tidy-Travel-Bag-Insert-Pouch/322468865023?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid=2220072&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=40130&meid=b18bdd89d0b84df98391e6b248bda2b0&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=272690217805

It's cheap and fits the console. Shop around because you can usually get them for a dollar or two. Easy to take out to clean/organize. Corrals all the loose "stuff." Has lots of pockets and you can turn it inside out if you want the small pockets on the inside. I also bought a short, 1 foot USB extension to put in the data port to make connecting my cell phone easier.

Attachments

·
Registered
653 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
I checked this again to try and take pics (which didn't turn out well, so no posts).

I don't really think this is going to best the best option for most because the organizer sits about an inch too high to use the sliding console tray. I forgot that I had previously moved the sliding tray to the bottom/back of the console. I don't know if someone makes a more shallow version.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re '17 CRV EX - What bugs me is the box on the underside of the arm rest which could be another storage spot but simply houses an unneeded latch mechanism.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts