Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 CRV LX and was wondering what suppose to be in the 2 empty button on the center console/table?

If you have an EX can you share a photo of it?

I'm thinking about adding another cigarette lighter and/or a iPod/iPhone charging cable there. Trying to figure how to best wire it up.

I found the diagram for it, but not 100% sure. Is it a cigarette lighter and aux in (ipod) connector? Also see a wiring harness for it, but not sure if it will plug into something pre-existing.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
680 Posts
I have a 2010 CRV LX and was wondering what suppose to be in the 2 empty button on the center console/table?

If you have an EX can you share a photo of it?

I'm thinking about adding another cigarette lighter and/or a iPod/iPhone charging cable there. Trying to figure how to best wire it up.

I found the diagram for it, but not 100% sure. Is it a cigarette lighter and aux in (ipod) connector? Also see a wiring harness for it, but not sure if it will plug into something pre-existing.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Here's a pic. Facing the center console, the left input is for
my I-POD/MP3 player and the right one is for cigarette or
for charging small electronics. I can see wiring are neatly hidden. If you found a wiring harness hanging under the
console, that means its a hot wire and ready for use.
I didnt know LX didn't have those features. Good luck
in your installation...........

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much! I wish the LX had an extra cigarette lighter plug! The aux line in is located in the second din slot of the radio.

Any chance you can take a look at where the harness plugs into? I'll have to check my car, but something tells me its not going to be pre-wired.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my CRV last week. I realy need the extra accessory plugs. I don't see any wiring in the table. I wonder if i just need the first wiring harness or if I will need to wire all the way to the fuse box? Any one got an Idea?

·
Registered
680 Posts
I just got my CRV last week. I realy need the extra accessory plugs. I don't see any wiring in the table. I wonder if i just need the first wiring harness or if I will need to wire all the way to the fuse box? Any one got an Idea?
When you say extra accessory plugs, did you mean to plug in
2 0r 3 I-PODS/MP3's ? If that's the case, Radio Shack sells this
1/8" input splitter cable that will accommodate up to 3 mp3's.
They're around $6.00..............

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe he was referring to the Cigarette Lighter Plug not the Aux-in.

I'm debating on wiring up another cigarette light plug in the center console/table or keeping it simple and picking up a dual port usb charger.

Here is a post on someone adding a after market cigarette light plug - http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3043

Here is the dual port usb charger I'm considering - http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12210

For maximum flexibility, I would like an extra cigarette light plug for backseat accessories and a iPod/iPhone charger wire (just the charger part that plugs into my iPhone and nothing else to keep it clean).

Probably will just get the dual port usb thingy for now...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts