Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions on how to change the chrome trim around the windows to black.
Paint? Replacement trims?

Anyone have any experiences doing this?

Thanks!

2017 Honda CRV EX-L
Black

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Painting the trim might work but you would have to dull the chrome before painting.... the Second option would black vinyl wrap
at least you could remove it and go back to chrome.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Looking for suggestions on how to change the chrome trim around the windows to black.
Paint? Replacement trims?

Anyone have any experiences doing this?

Thanks!

2017 Honda CRV EX-L
Black
Find a local vinyl shop, and have them wrap it.
If you have a steady hand you could buy the film online and do it yourself

·
Registered
73 Posts
Precut the vinyl strips with a ruler if you don't want to use a razor near the car. Start with a couple of small test pieces to get the width then cut to length.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
How durable is that plasti dip?
I would like to make the pillars gloss black.
The dip would require several coats to become stable. Some people have done rims using this process and had good luck.
I have experimented with plastic dip and it looks OK but it's soft and could be damaged.
The beauty of this stuff is you can remove it...... If I was going to do your project I would go with the rap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a 2006 Honda Element. I plasti dipped the whole upper portion (everything above the hood) and it lasted me 2 years before I sold the vehicle. I’m in Canada so it wasn’t around too much sun but it never peeled. I used 8 coats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Much appreciated.
I'll go with the wraps.

Maybe I'll plasti dip the crv stock rims....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts