Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week my 2013 CRV EX-L was totaled in a terrible t-bone accident. Props to the CRV engineers and the side curtain airbags for probably saving 4 lives. We are banged up and sore, but it is amazing we were not seriously injured. The 2013 CRV was top rated in all of the collision tests and that's a big reason I bought it 3 years ago and the reason I am replacing it with the same thing.

So I am trying to find out what the changes were between the 2012 and 2013 models to know whether I should limit my search to 2013s or should I also consider the 2012s. My gut is telling me to stay away from 2012s because that was the first year of the new generation and a lot of bugs/flaws get worked out for the second year. Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Andy

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
I'm glad to hear y'all okay and that the V did such a good job protecting y'all. I don't think there were any changes between the '12 and '13. Like you said though, the '12 was the first model year which tend to flaws. I do think you'd be fine with a '12 though since I'm sure the issues were already fixed under warranty if they ever showed themselves.

·
Registered
41 Posts
FWIW, my wife leases a '14 CRV EX-L and we just purchased an (identical) '12 CRV EX-L. The '14 has 19K and the '12 has 34K miles. After driving the '12 for a month, I can safely say that the car looks, feels and sounds absolutely identical to the '14. I was pretty thorough on my comparison and I can see nothing different. Whatever you do, stay away from the '15s.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just referring to the widespread vibration issues - after reading these forums (100s of vibration-related posts) and viewing the official Honda YouTube video on the matter, I feel that the 2015s are a risky bet until the issue is solved. There are a lot of unhappy people out there. Personally, I would be worried if the fix was only to better isolate the drivetrain from the body. I would've liked the fix to be a smoother operating engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts