Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our AC went out Sunday (started blowing hot air suddenly). Checked the relay and it's good. The condenser fan comes on but the compressor clutch never engages. Had an AC shop put some more freon in it because it was low, but that didn't help. I figure it's the typical CRV clutch problem but I'm out of warranty and don't want to fish out $1,000 for the repair. I went ahead and bought a compressor from PartsGeek for $160 and am planning on putting it on this evening. I'm figuring it's better to go ahead and put a new compressor and clutch on it since the price is close. It says it came with oil in it, does anyone know if I need to add more to it though? I believe I do not and the AC guy agreed with me, but thought I'd check here. Also, I'd like to troubleshoot the compressor to make sure it's getting power and is grounded properly before removing it, any tips on that? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
560 Posts
you do not need to add oil. To check for power disconnect to plug to compressor and use a test light, with the system running probe the terminal and you should have the light come on.

·
Registered
59 Posts
At least looking at my 2008, the A/C compressor is decently accessible and no special tools for all total replacement

1 - 5 of 5 Posts