Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 07 in December. I changed the clock time easily in March for DST. 5 weeks later in April, on "real" DST time, I need to change it again but am running into a problem: When I go into "set up" to adjust the clock, the "more" button is "grayed out" and inaccessible! When I push it, it just 'beeps" at me. So I have no way to change the clock time now. Any ideas?

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
What radio do you have? I also have an '07 (EX-L US model with the middle grade radio). I don't go into any setup. There are 4 buttons on the radio for the purpose. Instructions are on Page 206 in your owner's manual. If you don't have one, you can download it free.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe it's just the factory-installed radio with the navigation system. Yes, I have all the manuals in the glove box and I used the directions to successfully update the time just last month. I recently re-verified the instructions on youtube. It's a very simple process IF the "more" button was accessible. I can't think what has changed to make it no longer usable, but there are now a lot of fuctions I can no longer access in "set up" . .

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,199 Posts
Just a W.A.G., but try doing a 'cold boot' by disconnecting the battery ground terminal for a few minutes. That might reset the electronics.

If it works, verify that the battery isn't weak. Low voltage causes havoc with modern auto electronics.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Hmmm. Sounds like something amiss there, as the Nav system head unit updates the clock automatically by GPS whenever needed. No manual setting needed. Let us know how this turns out.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Wow - I have no idea on that. There may possibly be a firmware update for the head unit, or it might be incorporated into the last available Nav CD update, which, IMO, is not worth its price. You could try asking a dealer. My plan for my '07 is simply to go with an aftermarket head unit and full audio upgrade. It won't be cheap, but it'll be worth it. You could probably replace the head unit with an aftermarket one for a couple hundred bucks, with all the needed features and better sound. You might take a look at crutchfield.com. THis is one of the big reasons I won't buy a new one - they have currently pretty much un-replaceable head units, and the OEM ones are not very good.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got my answer after much you-tube diggng! Apparently you have to be in "maps" mode before pushing "set up". Then you can access "more" and get to clock functions. Yay! Thanks for the help. I still need to get a bluetooth thingy.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
I still need to get a bluetooth thingy.
Do you mean a Bluetooth add-on for your radio?

I put this in the kiddo's 2005 TSX:

It uses the XM (satellite) preset to access it. (A special harness connects this unit between the satellite receiver and the head unit in the dashboard.) If you run a microphone, you can use it for phone calls as well as music through the system.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Thanks, Katie - Perfect! Thanks for sharing the solution with us! I just noticed that, according to the owner's manual, there is a separate manual for the Nav system. If it's not there among your other books, maybe you can find one either on eBay or a download of it. I have terrible short term memory, so I always have to keep the manuals in the glove box in all my vehicles for this stuff.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, Katie - Perfect! Thanks for sharing the solution with us! I just noticed that, according to the owner's manual, there is a separate manual for the Nav system. If it's not there among your other books, maybe you can find one either on eBay or a download of it. I have terrible short term memory, so I always have to keep the manuals in the glove box in all my vehicles for this stuff.
I have a stack of owner's manuels, so I'm sure I have it. But since I had performed this function successfully only a few weeks ago , I was sure I was doing it right :) Now I know!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you mean a Bluetooth add-on for your radio?

I put this in the kiddo's 2005 TSX:

It uses the XM (satellite) preset to access it. (A special harness connects this unit between the satellite receiver and the head unit in the dashboard.) If you run a microphone, you can use it for phone calls as well as music through the system.
Did you purchase through Crutchfield? Having trouble finding the link to that item on the Crutchfield site, but I'm sure it's just me. Can you help a gal out? I don't want to replace the radio, just add BT. TX

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
THANK YOU! you're the best!!! This is for my 2007 EX-L, right? The link lists "EX" model but not EXL, but it does say "with navigation system". Just want to order the correct one. My brother said he may be able to install it for me if I can locate a youtube with some guidance. . . So that's my next task . .

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
These fit many Honda models. In our TSX, it is installed in the trunk, as that is where the satellite radio receiver is located. I believe in the 3rd gen CR-Vs, it is located on the right side of the passenger footwell, so it is only a matter of plugging into the harness between the radio head/nav unit and the satellite receiver. Your radio probably has two sets of XM presets--this unit will use one of them for its operation. There is also a wired microphone that you can run to the top of your steering column or somewhere else close to you.

Here is a similar photo. The white connectors were the only things we needed to install into the car's system (circled orange). The provided harness is like a "Y" cable--you unplug the white harness from the XM receiver, plug it into the BT45's matching connector, then plug the BT45's remaining connector into the XM receiver. Plug the black connector into the BT45 (circled green) and installation is mostly completed. Zip tie the box to something secure, run the microphone wire, and it's done.

The USB connector is for charging only, but since the box is hidden out of sight, it's easier to use USB chargers inside the car instead. (I use a 4x USB charger inside the console, and keep a 2x charger handy for the dashboard power outlet.)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts