Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have owned our 2007 CR-V since new. Currently we have about 113,xxx miles on it. I have always used ethanol free fuel in it. I've read that ethanol free fuel may not be available after this year. It looks like I may have to change over sooner or later. Am I headed for a world of hurt or just a drop in fuel economy? Is there anything I can do to mitigate or prevent issues from arising?

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
13,977 Posts
Long as you use your V on at least a weekly basis (no months-long storage), all you will see is a drop in fuel economy.

Your 2007 was designed with the 10% ethanol usage in mind (as far as gas line rubber, seals, etc).

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Welcome to the world 99.99% of us have lived in for years. I would't worry about it at all. You might see a slight decline in fuel mileage. I use my CRV almost every day but my other vehicles (another compact SUV, F150, motorcycle, ATV, John Deere lawn tractor) sometimes sits for months without being used and I have no problem with them. I sometimes put Stabil in the motorcycle, ATV and lawn tractor. I'm surprised you had the availability and were willing to pay the premium for non-ethanol gas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.