Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, have a few quick questions about changing spark plugs on my CR V 2005 SE. I was wondering what size socket I would need for the actual spark plugs themselves and whether or not I would need a torque wrench.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
No disrespect however it's probably best to find someone with some level of mechanical knowledge for this. First you don't just use any socket, there are specific sockets for spark plugs and they exist for a reason (so you don't break the spark plugs). The 5/8 one in this case. There are only 2 sockets used in automotive for the most part and in the last 25+ yrs it's pretty much gone down to one size for all vehicles.

Secondly in your case yes a torque wrench is needed so you don't over tighten or leave plugs loose.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
566 Posts
Honda specs 13 ft-lbs and use a little anti-seize on the thread - be very careful as it is very easy to overtighten if you use anti-seize

Steps are identical to Civic, Accord 4-cyl, here is a short video

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No disrespect however it's probably best to find someone with some level of mechanical knowledge for this. First you don't just use any socket, there are specific sockets for spark plugs and they exist for a reason (so you don't break the spark plugs). The 5/8 one in this case. There are only 2 sockets used in automotive for the most part and in the last 25+ yrs it's pretty much gone down to one size for all vehicles.

Secondly in your case yes a torque wrench is needed so you don't over tighten or leave plugs loose.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Sorry for the late response. I actually learned what I had to do and got it done very successfully! Thanks for the response!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.