Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CRVs (at least my 2011 SE) have a 20 mm front bar. Acura's RDX has a 21 mm bar that looks like it will fit. Even though a 1 mm difference seems small the stiffness goes up with the 4th power so it is about a 12% increase in stiffness, for less than $30!

The Acura p/n is 51300-STK-A01, I may have to be the first to order one to see if it fits. Btw, the CRV p/n is 51300-SWA-A01.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
What tires on your V? Do they ride harsh?

CRVs (at least my 2011 SE) have a 20 mm front bar. Acura's RDX has a 21 mm bar that looks like it will fit. Even though a 1 mm difference seems small the stiffness goes up with the 4th power so it is about a 12% increase in stiffness, for less than $30!

The Acura p/n is 51300-STK-A01, I may have to be the first to order one to see if it fits. Btw, the CRV p/n is 51300-SWA-A01.
Please let us know how this works out. Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wouldn't that make the V push even more than it does already? good idea, though. hope it works out.
It would, and that's sure not what we want but I am also looking for a larger rear bar and once I find that then the front bar will probably be too small. So far the Acura rear suspension looks to be a completely different design so it appears there will be no parts swapping there. :(

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hmm, any similarity to the rear one from the Element? SC or LX/DX/EX? Are there aftermarket clamps where you could add another CR-V bar onto your existing one? Just thinking out loud. I clearly don't know a lot about it.

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts

There is a good chance it will work. The end links are the same for both vehicles. The inner bushings are different but the mounting brackets are the same.

http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hpa_parts_list.php?vin=&Label[ProductID]=CR-V&Label[YearID]=2011&Label[DoorID]=5&Label[GradeID]=EX-L+(2WD)&Label[AreaID]=KA&Label[TransmissionID]=5AT&Label[SectionID]=CHASSIS&Label[IllustrationGroupID]=FRONT+KNUCKLE&ProductID=7&YearID=42&DoorID=3&GradeID=526&AreaID=2&TransmissionID=7&SectionID=6&IllustrationGroupID=14769

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=RDX&catcgry2=2009&catcgry3=5DR+RDX&catcgry5=KNUCKLE&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

1 - 6 of 6 Posts