Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2009 CRV EX-L from a friend

It's still sitting in my garage as I have yet to get it insured

Does anybody have recommendations as to who to use to insure the thing?

GEICO, State Farm, Allstate I've already gotten quotes from, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on anybody.

I heard that I could possibly get cheaper insurance from a smaller agency. Any ideas?

·
Registered
438 Posts
1. Just make sure you compare apples to apples with the coverages. 2. Insurance premiums and coverages vary greatly state-by-state. 3. USAA is one of the better insurers both for cost and customer service, if you qualify for it. 4. Progressive is another of the "discount" carriers like GEICO; nobody has mentioned it yet. 5. I've never seen the need to go thru an agent to purchase auto coverage, but YMMV.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
The lowest I found at the time I was looking was esurance. I ended up going with Liberty Mutual because there's an office down the road from me and the rates were good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1. Just make sure you compare apples to apples with the coverages. 2. Insurance premiums and coverages vary greatly state-by-state. 3. USAA is one of the better insurers both for cost and customer service, if you qualify for it. 4. Progressive is another of the "discount" carriers like GEICO; nobody has mentioned it yet. 5. I've never seen the need to go thru an agent to purchase auto coverage, but YMMV.
Thanks for the USAA suggestion. I got a quote from them and it was really cheap. $59/month. Unfortunately, it seems like they only accept military families (which I'm not).

Other than USAA, the cheapest I found was from these guys at $45/month. They seem like a small company tho, so I need to do more research.

Progressive, GEICO, Allstate, etc. are all super expensive. Trying to stay away from them for now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
who has the best price will vary in depending on where you are in the country and how they rate your vehicle (4x4 truck, or SUV or car, just depends on the carrier,s rating policy), other cars you own and your driving record.

what you are doing is best, compare what is available locally. Check their reputation as well, some of the major carries have very high complaints (those are not worth having at any price, who needs a major headach after an accident). I know State Farm has one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the country, USAA is also rated high but you either have to be a government employee or in the military to get that, and there is a regional carrier in the northeast that is also good (I do not remember the name since I do not live there).

Smaller regional carriers would also be worth considering since they specialize in your area, but also check their reputation for complaints, reliability, etc.

good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts