Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got into my 2008 CR-V after work on Friday, started it up, and immediately noticed the message flashing across the information display "Check Fuel Cap". It's only 3 months old, and I have 3000 miles on it. I know this means that the vehicle senses a leak in the system somewhere, possibly around the cap. So I turned off the engine, removed the fuel cap, and reinstalled it...letting it click numerous times. According to the manual, this message will continue for possibly a couple of days before turning itself off, assuming the problem is resolved. It did turn itself off later that day.

What bothers me is that, after refueling, I always turn the cap until I hear several clicks at least. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if it could be a problem with the sensor. I'll wait to see if it happens again. If so, I'll take it into the dealer.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I got into my 2008 CR-V after work on Friday, started it up, and immediately noticed the message flashing across the information display "Check Fuel Cap". It's only 3 months old, and I have 3000 miles on it. I know this means that the vehicle senses a leak in the system somewhere, possibly around the cap. So I turned off the engine, removed the fuel cap, and reinstalled it...letting it click numerous times. According to the manual, this message will continue for possibly a couple of days before turning itself off, assuming the problem is resolved. It did turn itself off later that day.

What bothers me is that, after refueling, I always turn the cap until I hear several clicks at least. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if it could be a problem with the sensor. I'll wait to see if it happens again. If so, I'll take it into the dealer.
A most reasonable plan. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts