Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have 2018 HONDA CR-V LX. It is only 7 months old. It ran 9,000 miles and I took it to my local Herson's Honda dealership to change oil and rotate tires. Two days after they rotated tires the "check tire pressure" indicator popped up. It did not happen before and tires looked ok. I went to the dealership and they checked tires pressure. It was normal. Both front tires 35, both rear tires 34. So, they reset the light. I drove few miles and everything looked ok. But next day in the middle of driving the the "Check tire pressure" indicator popped up again. Any idea what is wrong with the car? Could the dealership people change something and damage something?
I will bring it back to the dealership next week, but I don't trust those guys.

Thank you.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,742 Posts
Moved to the Generation 5 area. :eek:

+++++++++++++++

When the dealer said they 'reset the light' does that mean they recalibrated the TPMS system? You should do that yourself (see the Owners Manual, I'm sure another Gen5 owner will tell you the exact page).

Our friend's Accord (with the same type of sensor-less TPMS system) requires the recalibration every time I rotate the tires for them.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hello,
I have 2018 HONDA CR-V LX. It is only 7 months old. It ran 9,000 miles and I took it to my local Herson's Honda dealership to change oil and rotate tires. Two days after they rotated tires the "check tire pressure" indicator popped up. It did not happen before and tires looked ok. I went to the dealership and they checked tires pressure. It was normal. Both front tires 35, both rear tires 34. So, they reset the light. I drove few miles and everything looked ok. But next day in the middle of driving the the "Check tire pressure" indicator popped up again. Any idea what is wrong with the car? Could the dealership people change something and damage something?
I will bring it back to the dealership next week, but I don't trust those guys.

Thank you.
Well they did not read the data placard on the driver door frame regarding tire pressure mine says front 33 psi rear 30 psi. I had the same thing happen to me the last visit to the dealer to rotate the tires. Check your door and see what it says.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts