Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else's transmission fluid run low on the dip stick? I'm below the 2 bars with just a drip on the end of the dip stick after warming up the engine like the manual says and checking on level ground. I might have them check the fluid level next oil change. They never checked the fluid level last time I was in. I don't want to add any fluid in case I screw things up or I'm not checking it correctly.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Just add fluid if you're low. It's not going to hurt anything contrary to popular belief. For instance, a simple drain and fill takes 2.7 qts if I remember correctly. On one of my drain and fills I put 3 qts and ran it for 30k miles with no issues. It was probably a 1/4 over the full mark and didn't cause any harm.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had it checked. Warning to other owners; The fluid is almost translucent in the 2013 model. I had to use a flashlight in a garage to see it. That's the issue. I'm used to easy to see red fluid on a dip stick. This is different. Only at the bottom of the dip stick can you clearly see fluid. Fluid level was only slightly down. 1/8 of a quart. Well now I know how to check it in the future.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
1,869 Posts
I had it checked. Warning to other owners; The fluid is almost translucent in the 2013 model. I had to use a flashlight in a garage to see it. That's the issue. I'm used to easy to see red fluid on a dip stick. This is different. Only at the bottom of the dip stick can you clearly see fluid. Fluid level was only slightly down. 1/8 of a quart. Well now I know how to check it in the future.
The correct fluid, Honda DW-1 is very red ..are you the only owner?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The correct fluid, Honda DW-1 is very red ..are you the only owner?
No second owner. Yes it's very red when you wipe if off with a cloth and at the bottom of the dip stick where it pools, but in between the bars it's almost translucent. The dealer tech showed me and stated that it was very clear and hard to see and that was normal. When I first got there to pick up some fluid, I had the parts guy check it to make sure. The parts guys at the dealer thought it had barely any fluid in it as well! So it's not just me that is blind. lol Because of that it was taken in back where the technician showed me that it was ok and just very hard to see between the bars. Almost clear

1 - 5 of 5 Posts