Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have difficulty checking the engine oil level in their 2015? I have a heck of a time getting a consistent reading from mine, whether checked after sitting overnight or shortly after a hot shut-off as recommended by Honda (all in the same, level garage spot). To me it seems residual oil in the dipstick tube usually produces a false reading 1/2 inch or so above the full mark. But with repeated tested, the true, lower level will sometimes reveal itself.

Is this common or is it specific to my example? Dipstick technology has only been in use for a century or so; eventually maybe it'll be perfected. Thanks for any comments.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I always check the oil level when the vehicle has sat overnight. By then all of the oil has returned to the oil pan. A good reading every time. Never check after a hot shut-off.

The manual says to wait 3 minutes after shutting off the engine to check the oil level. I prefer not to do that. But hey, whatever works for you. The main thing is to check it often.

Enjoy the ride.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts