Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
‘15 CRV EX-L
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 CRV has 50k miles and I was wondering if I should add Techron fuel injector cleaner to my fuel tank?How many of you use it and do you notice any difference? Should you use it before or following an oil change— does it matter?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I've used Chevron Techron in all of my CR-Vs
I add it twice a year, once in the Spring and again in the Fall.

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX-L AWD
424 Posts
Have used it in the past but dont notice much difference. However that could be because my injectors are clean already to begin with. Tried it in an old jeep back in the days and made it rev faster. I would do the cleaner before an oil change so any crap that got in the oil will be removed sooner rather then later.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have been using BG 44k for years and I do notice a difference.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you pump fuel from any random station whenever you need it, then you'll probably benefit from it as it's adding more detergent to your fuel since those mom and pop stations tend to buy any cheap ole gas. I'm always pumping from Costco, Shell or a Marathon so i know i'm getting Top Tier rated fuel so i feel like using fuel additives as a waste of money.

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
360 Posts
Lots of sales marketing involved, and many consumers have drank their kool-aid, but ...

I never use additives, and I've never had a single problem.
Same-same with my recent model diesel F350 and NOT using additives.

On another similar note - for years I believed in only using top tier gasoline. When the gas crises hit (10-11 years ago) I stopped using it, and I've not yet had a problem.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,759 Posts
It's one of those products that draws advocates and detractors. Take a look here. This channel is pretty darned hood.
Techron v marvel v sea foam v pure gas

Reactions: mnestrud

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Interesting video, and clearly shows what each product does.

I will still use Techron twice a year in my CR-V.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts