Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I listen to chinese songs mp3 and wondering if I buy a head unit from Hong Kong will it fit/work in my USA CRV? The factory unit does not display Chinese charactor song information. Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it should work, but the am/fm prob will not.
So all car stereo size/connection/power are global standardized? Why the radio won't work? I bought walkmans and mp3 players with FM from Asia before and their receptions were ok here.

·
MECP Audio Expert
2,076 Posts
I Thought they were picking up on a slightly different bandwidth, I will have to check my mecp book when i get to work. Maybe it was the US and Japan that were the same and everyone else that was different.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I Thought they were picking up on a slightly different bandwidth, I will have to check my mecp book when i get to work. Maybe it was the US and Japan that were the same and everyone else that was different.
Thanks a lot, please let me know. I just want to make sure I don't buy a brick back from China. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
You'll need to get a "Bandwidth Extender / Radio Frequency Extender" (Ebay has them) so the radio will work in the U.S.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts