Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a discussion with the honda parts counterperson about installing chrome exhaust tips when he mentions that he had a few customers that had their chrome tips stolen. That was the first time heard of that. He advised to have bolt welded at muffler shop. Sounds like a good tip.

·
Registered
129 Posts
On my 2010, I ordered the accessory exhaust tip for my CRV. When I got it, it was the oval style similar to that which Honda puts on the Accords. I was not too fond of it, but I put it on anyway. Turns out, after following the installation instructions to the letter, the thing rattled. So, since I did not love the style, AND the thing rattled, I took it off. Now I simply keep the edge of the tail pipe clean, and I have about 70% of the style of a real chrome tip, and no rattle. The tip was about $60 at the dealer.

...Makes a great garage decoration...

·
Registered
102 Posts
On my 2010, I ordered the accessory exhaust tip for my CRV. Turns out, after following the installation instructions to the letter, the thing rattled.
I don't have the problem with the rattle. Suits me fine, I did look at several different ones at Auto Zone and other auto parts place, none of them had the right size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts