Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the sunroof visor open today and when the light hit just right I noticed well over a dozen circles all over the glass. I know it's from the install but seems like they must have had a hard time of it as they are all over it, several overlapping. Has anyone had the glass in a sunroof replaced? I'm just concerned if I have them replace it that I may end up having a problem with the seal down the road.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have a glass topped stove. I have found the cleaner (a white creamy liquid) for it works wonders on my auto glass when it gets oily.

If you have some of this, I will bet it will clean the circles off.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I agree with what Travelor is saying, most likely the glass is not scratched, just some residue left behind that the dealer missed cleaning off in the PDI. There are lots of liquid glass cleaners that should easily take off an ring marks. Your dealer shouldn't need to replace the glass, just clean it for you.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, DIY Guy, they are definitely suction cup marks from the factory, more than a dozen of them. I'll try the glass cleaner, I was going to try cleaning before I took to the dealer, of course. Hey, if that''s the worst problem I have with my new car, I'm happy!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Also try alcohol on a soft cotton cloth. Most likely some residue left from handling.

·
Banned
806 Posts
Suction cup marks should come off easily. Try some blue dawn dish soap, or even a polish (not a wax) or a clay bar. Several things to try and I guarantee something will take the marks off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts