Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

I was curious if anyone here has run the SI Turbo Inlet pipe and deleted the top engine resonator? I see this is what @crv_stormtrooper(on Instagram) has done but I can’t seem to connect with him via messaging to ask him directly.

If so, were there any issues with fitment/install? Does anyone have a part number or link for the SI Pipe? I believe I have found the correct one but I figured I’d ask on this forum before potentially ordering.

Let me know!
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
He used to be very active here but the old farts complaing about performance upgrades made him not want to post here anymore.

he just picked up a ctr so he has a new ig acct and a little more active on that one(i’ll dm)

also the user ‘ ANGER’ on civicx has a very in depth thread there on his euro manual crv build.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,554 Posts
Curious.. why would you want to install a Civic SI Turbo inlet? What benefit are you seeking?

Generally.. over in the Civic forums... I have observed that all the air intake, ECU timing, and other modifications are all inter-related and must be performed in a thoughtful, harmonious, and intelligent manner.

CRV 1.5T and Civic SI 1.5T are tuned a bit differently as I recall... so swapping parts without clear purpose and intent seems... imprudent. And yes.. I understand that you sort of know this.. hence asking for specifics from others. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, I’m just looking around for options in terms of freeing up restrictions on the engine before replacing/upgrading major components.

I will be tuning my ‘17 CRV shortly and will be upgrading a few “bolt on” components so I’m just hunting around for options and seeing what’s out there in terms of user experiences.

·
Super Moderator
7,554 Posts
Hey, I’m just looking around for options in terms of freeing up restrictions on the engine before replacing/upgrading major components.

I will be tuning my ‘17 CRV shortly and will be upgrading a few “bolt on” components so I’m just hunting around for options and seeing what’s out there in terms of user experiences.

Fair enough. :)

I seem to recall from earlier reads in the Civic forums that modifying the air intakes (a common theme among Civic enthusiasts) turned out to be low return on effort on the 1.5T engine. Unless an owner was going for extreme tuning limits and literally were replacing a host of different components as well as peak performance tuning. In other words, that particular part swap was very low priority even for the "extremists".

·
Super Moderator
7,554 Posts
Save your money,unless you are planning to upgrade the turbo you wont see much in the way of performance gains. You are better off buying a ptp turbo Inlet blanket to keep the iats down.
(y) (y)

Yeah.. as I recall.. the biggest challenge with the 1.5T is to up-tune it to where it will actually use maximum boost from the turbo. This is mainly due to the fact that the engine ships from the factory set very conservatively in terms of horsepower, torque, boost, overall timing and control. Honda over designs their engines by quite a bit.. vs how they configure them and ship them from the factories. I imagine this is also true of the 1.5Ts bigger sibling the new 2.0Ts they are now putting in some Accords.

Civic owners have demonstrated that there is a lot of headroom in the stock 1.5Ts from the factories (there are 4 or 5 different versions/variations of the 1.5T across the Honda product line now). Even the Civic Si ships from the factory in a less than maximized setup by Honda.... so there is plenty of room for enthusiasts to retune and adjust this engine and not break it in the process. It has proven to be a rugged little engine from Honda.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts