Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Looking to get a DD to deal with Dallas rush-hour commute (~1 hour 1-way) and looking specifically for all-speed cruise control with the ability to resume from a full-stop, useful for the commute.

I think I've finalized it down to a Civic EX-T (with the 1.5L Turbo with Honda Sensing) & Accord EX (same 1.5L Turbo), there is a ~$4k difference between the two.

Civic EX-T is ~$21k before TTL, the Accord $25k before TTL. Based on common sense (I have 3 kids but they'll rarely be in the vehicle, wife's car is the family car), the Civic should be the choice to save $4k, but the Accord is a superior car with ANC (active noise cancellation).

Thoughts? Go the logical route and save $$ with the Civic, or splurge a little for the potentially better ride in the Accord?

Open to other thoughts as well - the sedans under $25k that have full speed adaptive cruise control aren't many (i.e. Camry LE's and Corolla's only work above 25mph)...

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,577 Posts
Thanks sunny Dallas, with your need, I’d get the Accord.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I've been driving a Civic SI since '12. I do believe I am probably going to trade it in and get one of the new Accords with the 2.0 turbo and the 10 speed auto. It surprisingly packs more punch than the older NA V6. I'm not a fan of CVT transmissions anyway. Haven't been able to get out and test drive one, but it looks way more comfy that the Civic.

·
crv|oc Rank: Junior
668 Posts
Follow your heart. Which car do you love? If you do not love it, then do not buy it. Afterwards worry about how much it is going to cost you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,879 Posts
If you're willing to pay the extra money I'd go with the Accord. I commute 180 miles round trip 4 days a week for work in my Civic. My mindset is if I'm going to rack up tons of miles I want the cheapest route possible.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to update this - I did get a CRV at the end of the day. But my CRV required some post-purchase things done (tint & all weather floor mats as part of purchase) so I had a 18 Accord EX-L as a loaner for the day.

Accord - Rides noticeably smoother & quieter with a better stereo (compared to my 18 EX-L), gets unsurprisingly better gas mileage (36mpg at 78mph average) and peppier acceleration as it is lighter and has a 2hp bump on the 1.5L Turbo compared to the CRV. On the negative side, it rides pretty low, the seats & cushions are much more firm than the CRV. The Accord ANC works much better than the CRV's, though tire road noise was noticeable on both vehicles - I may Dynamat my CRV....

Long story short, glad I had the chance to drive the 18 Accord for an extended period of time and it is more of the driver's car than the CRV will ever be, but those of us who bought the CRV bought it for a reason =) it is a great all-round vehicle. My main gripe on the CRV remains excessive road noise and loud idle-engine....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts