Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just received a notice in the mail for the civil action no: 2:08-cv-4825 (KSH) (PS) which is for 2002-2004 Honda CRV vehicles.

The specific reimbursement percentage for out-of-pocket expenses incurred by members of the CRV sub-class to repair compressor damage are as follows:

Year 3/36K - 100% Reimbursement :D
Year 4/48K - 80% Reimbursement :)
Year 5/60K - 60% Reimbursement :(
Year 6/72K - 30% Reimbursement :confused:
Year 7/84K - 15% Reimbursement :mad:
Year 8/96K - 15% Reimbursement :mad:

You need to send in the claim before 7-24-2012. :eek:

·
Registered
65 Posts
ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT PURCHASING A HONDA ?? ARE YOU AWARE THAT THEY DO NOT STAND UP AND ADMIT (AND FIX) THEIR ENGINEERING MISTAKES ?
I WOULD THINK TWICE BEFORE PURCHASING ANOTHER HONDA !

I just got this, and COINCIDENTALLY, MY COMPRESSOR JUST FAILED.
I am furious that my option is limited to 15% reimbursement. IN MY OPINION, Honda should repair my car for free !
Forgive me for occationally bumping this thread (I plan to).

·
Registered
260 Posts
I received the same notice, so I called the Honda Dealership to get a copy of the maintenance record and the receipt. The dealership says they can print the maintenance record, but they don't keep copies of receipts from that long ago (2007). Hopefully I can find the receipt in one of my poorly organized file cabinets.

·
Registered
260 Posts
do you happen to have the form for the lawsuit? I have misplaced mine.
Thanks
Here's a link to the website Alin Litigation https://alinlitigation.com/HondaCRVClaimForm.aspx. They have a form available for download.

I finally found my receipt... $1,530.00 is what I paid back in 2007 for the a/c compressor repair at only 50,000 miles. I would have been much happier if they just split the repair cost with me back in 07 like I requested. Oh well, hopefully this will cost Honda enough in legal fees and settlement payouts to make it a memorable learning experience.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree and have bought my last Honda. I understand that compressors fail (although I have never had one fail in 38 years of driving eleven different cars) but they should not take out the entire AC system. My repair was $3500. I wrote to the President of Honda to voice my displeasure and inform him of my decision to never buy another Honda ( I have owned 4 ) and got some relief. His name and address is on the net and postage for a letter is less than a dollar. Good luck and shame on Honda for making their loyal customers go to such extremes for relief from their poor engineering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts