Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Class Action Lawsuit filed for AC damages against Honda/Acura 2000-2008, many models including CRV's. See www.honda-lawsuit.com to apply. I called the lawfirm myself to check credibility and it's true and they want to hear from owners suffering expensive repairs.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
SVC Bullitin #12-072

Class Action Lawsuit filed for AC damages against Honda/Acura 2000-2008, many models including CRV's. See www.honda-lawsuit.com to apply. I called the lawfirm myself to check credibility and it's true and they want to hear from owners suffering expensive repairs.
Honda sent letters for our '07 and '10 titled, "Warranty Extension: A/C Compressor Clutch."

It says warranty for compressor clutch and field coil is extended to 7 years and 100,000 miles. Symptoms include not working at all, air not as cold as it should be, and noise from compressor area.

Dealer cannot do anything until weather is hot enough for it to not work.

Our '07 has gotten so it works for defrost fine but doesn't blow very cold in hot temperature. Dealer previously checked it and said ti worked fine. He says wait until it is hot out and he can then replace it.

PLEASE, SOMEONE WITH ACCESS TO Honda SVC Bullitins, please post this one.

Thank You

·
Registered
845 Posts
Honda sent letters for our '07 and '10 titled, "Warranty Extension: A/C Compressor Clutch."

It says warranty for compressor clutch and field coil is extended to 7 years and 100,000 miles. Symptoms include not working at all, air not as cold as it should be, and noise from compressor area.

Dealer cannot do anything until weather is hot enough for it to not work.

Our '07 has gotten so it works for defrost fine but doesn't blow very cold in hot temperature. Dealer previously checked it and said ti worked fine. He says wait until it is hot out and he can then replace it.

PLEASE, SOMEONE WITH ACCESS TO Honda SVC Bullitins, please post this one.

Thank You
add 2011 in too.
Also another extension on covered rust time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a need for a new class action lawsuit. The dealership refuses to cover the compressor. The compressor should have been included in this extension. The previous lawsuit did not include 2005 and newer models. Has anyone talked with a lawyer?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I haven't talked to a lawyer, but have just had a similar experience with an '05 CRV. If there's a decent lawyer out there trawling for a class action opportunity against Honda, I'd bet there's another one to be had.

Given the $1700 plus repair bill for a seized compressor, I called American Honda hoping for some insight and maybe some sympathy. They are way too interested in not being found responsible in order to go there. Too bad. I've had Hondas of one kind or another continuously for 40 years, including cars, motorcycles, outboards and lawnmowers. It used to be a different company. Now they'd rather throw away that relationship (and they have) than admit that they sourced the wrong part for this job.

American Honda's case manager actually called the dealer before speaking with me, and got the tech there to agree that it wasn't 'black death'. Because the compressor, at least in the mind of an agreeable technician, did not blow shrapnel all through the A/C system, the fact that it seized is just fine with Honda. I'm stunned - this is a part that should last the life of the car, particularly given where their engineers chose to hide the thing. They know it doesn't, that customers who use A/C for most of the year are likely to see this nasty repair bill if they keep the car too long, yet they'll do nothing about that.

If you've got an extended warranty from Honda for your CR-V's air conditioner, you might consider treating that for what it is. It isn't a measure of confidence in their new design or a way to instill it in the customer. It's an estimate, based on real-world information. Our A/C died at 117k miles. Honda, I would bet, now has a ton of real-world service data telling them that these units will often make it to 100k miles. They won't have to pay out much at that mark.

Had I realized this we'd have sold the car at under 100k, as I used to do with every American-brand car we've ever owned. American Honda - now much more American than I realized.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts