Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,171 Posts
You talking about the 'chrome-silver' grille areas that are plastic?

I'm interested too, since our new HR-V has the same stuff and it seems to scratch even with a gentle caress! ?

(For regular bodywork, I use a sponge covered in soft netting to remove bug-juice.)

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,581 Posts
You talking about the 'chrome-silver' grille areas that are plastic?

I'm interested too, since our new HR-V has the same stuff and it seems to scratch even with a gentle caress! ?

(For regular bodywork, I use a sponge covered in soft netting to remove bug-juice.)

Yeah.. I'm not fond of these new faux chrome plastics being used now days. They come across to me as even more fragile on my wifes 2018 Accord, and I am actually surprised she had not had any actual chips in it from road debris yet.

The original poster was not specific though.. so maybe they are refering to the match-painted bumper or the black blastic. The blastic is very durable, so they are likely refering to the bumper or the faux chrome.

For the faux chrome, I use a good quality window glass cleaner, microfiber cloth and gentle and patient rubbing so as to not scratch the chrome finish. The painted bumpers are actually pretty much like the painted metal panels... so no real worries. The blastic.. I just wet it and rub out whatever it is... because it is already a mat finish and is quite durable.

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
405 Posts
I just use a hose with a steady water stream, after a few min. I can generally scrape the bugs off with my fingernail. Don't next use your teeth to clean your nails as you may damage the nails <grin>.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts