Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question on a recommendation for how to clean a small grease stain thanks to a McDonald’s bag on the passenger seat of my CRV.

It’s not large but it’s my first stain on a three month old car.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Quick question on a recommendation for how to clean a small grease stain thanks to a McDonald’s bag on the passenger seat of my CRV.

Thanks in advance.
If it's cooking oil I would just try some mild dish washing soap on a clean wet rag and rub it away.
You might want to use some foam upholstery cleaner while its still damp and clean the whole bottom of the seat so that you don't get a water mark left in the one spot.

Rob

·
Registered
9 Posts

Thanks in advance.
I used some of that foam spray designed for car interiors on the same kind of stain. It worked fine. The can recommended to test a small spot first that is inconspicuous to make sure it doesn't discolor the fabric. It was fine. On another previous worst stain I used a brush with the foam. The brush damaged my seat rather easily due to its rougher texture. I should have known better. Stick with a cloth. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't know if you've already removed your stain yet, but if you haven't, you've gotta try Tuff Stuff's Multi-Purpose Foam Cleaner. You can pick up a can at Pep Boys or Autozone or whatever for like 10 bucks. This past weekend I tackled two of my own stains on my gray cloth interior- one that I've had since last May when I went to Prom with my friends and someone got some eyelash glue on the seat, and a couple of small but noticeable gum stains on the driver seat. I tried using a small amount of Krud Kutter along with some water on a microfiber towel multiple times on both stains with no success, but this past weekend I decided to use a conservative amount of Tuff Stuff along with some water on a microfiber towel, and I must say it did an awesome job, especially on the eyelash glue stain that I thought would never come out. The cloth looks new and I couldn't be happier!

Gotta love that light colored cloth, am I right? :Naughty:

Side note: I also used this stuff on the tan cloth interior of a 1999 Honda Accord that I inherited, and it also did an awesome job of getting 15+ years of stains out of not only the seats, but coffee and grime stains out of the seatbelts too (I know, gross). I have yet to use it on the carpets of that car, as they are definetely overdue for a cleaning, but I assume the results are going to be the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts