Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, just days after getting my 2015 CRV with touch screen, it's covered with smudges. What are folks using to safely clean the touch screen?

Thanks,
OB

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I use my eyeglass spray and the soft cloth that came with it. Also I use it for my iPad and computer screen. Always have and never a problem. After many times doing that I will wash the cloth with a little soap, rinse, and let it dry for use again. It works! Oh, don't scrub it, just spray the screen with a light mist and gently wipe till dry. : )

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I usually clean my glasses with pre-packaged wipes moistened with a solution that contains alcohol. But I wasn't sure if that would be ok to use on the touch screen.

OB

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Use extra care with those pre packaged ones. They are a paper product. As such they may be too rough.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This might be a dumb question, but does the unit come with a screen protector? Ours has fingerprints all over it, so we tried to clean it up. We noticed that it looks like a layer of plastic over the screen and we can see edges. Thinking it would come right off, we tried to lift one of the corners and it wouldn't budge. We didn't want to force it and mess anything up. Is it a screen protector?

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is an old post, but I bought my 2012 CRV EX-L from dealer and it looks like they got armour all on the screen. I tried a light mix of dawn and water and no go. A few google searches show a mix of a little ammonia, soap, and lots of water. Before I tried this, I wanted to see if anyone had used that.

·
Banned
806 Posts
I read the some of these post's and just shake my head. Don't spray the screen directly, spray your wiping cloth, a good microfiber is best. And don't use anything with ammonia. Every wonder why people have purple tinted windows? It is the ammonia in Windex. I would suggest buying a television or computer screen cleaning kit. You can get one online or at any local store that sells televisions. And don't spray the touchscreen directly, spray the microfiber towel and wipe.

In reference to the armor all issue, It may take several passes for it to break down.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I use a product called a Smart Cloth from toddygear.com on my iPhone and iPad screens to remove fingerprints. It seems to do a pretty good job on the CR-V touchscreen, too. It has a microfiber cloth on one side for cleaning, and a smooth silky side for polishing. No liquids are used. It comes in a bunch of different designs. The 5"x7" runs about $6-$10, and the 9"x9" runs about $15. A little pricey, but it works great, even without liquids. On my iPhone and iPad, literally 2 wipes with the microfiber side removed all fingerprints. On the CR-V touchscreen, it took a few more wipes, but still left it sparkling. Here's what the toddygear web site says:

•Eliminates dirt, dust and smudges from iPhones, iPads, iPods, Androids, tablets, even eyeglasses or camera lenses
•100% premium microfiber for scratch free cleaning
•Dual-sided: Plush side to clean and silky side to polish screens
•No need for messy liquids or sprays that can harm your screen
•Special coating to prevent the buildup of mold and mildew
•Machine wash cold, tumble dry low

Hey, if you don't like it for your CR-V, you'll still have a great cleaning cloth for your phone or tablet. My boss has one and is constantly singing its praises.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts