Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 CR-X EX

I have checked the tire and filled them to the recommended PSI. But the light won't clear?

1) Do I have to do this manually? (I dont on my other Honda's)
or
2) Could I have a bad sensor?

I appreciate any opinions

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
504 Posts
has any of the tires been replaced,the 2018 has an indirect system that does not have pressure sensors on the wheels and works off wheel speed and other vehicle sensors,its important that all 4 tires are the same make and model brand to brand has different outer diameter by as much as 1/2" and is bad for the drivetrain and will make the indirect TPMS system unreliable , here's some info in PDF below 10/32 is only .3125" just an example brand to brand could be like having 1 new tire and 3 bald tires for wheel speed or rotations per mile

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
6,988 Posts
2018 CR-X EX

I have checked the tire and filled them to the recommended PSI. But the light won't clear?

1) Do I have to do this manually? (I dont on my other Honda's)
or
2) Could I have a bad sensor?

I appreciate any opinions

did you run a recalibration cycle on the TPMS? The light generally will not go off until you do that.

You access recalibration through your head unit...

instructions: https://owners.honda.com/utility/do...2018_CR-V_Tire_Pressure_Monitoring_System.pdf

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave J - all four are original, just under 15K on them.

William SJI - thank you I will try that

SVTfocusO3 - will do.

Thank you all for your thoughts. I've been frustrated

·
Registered
118 Posts
Keep in mind that the OEM "TPMS" (and I use that term loosely) is known to be overly sensitive. I've had mine go off twice with the tires being 1) set to the correct psi and 2) the same L/R. I bought a cheap TPMS just so I could ensure the pressure hadn't changed when the OEM warning went off.

The OEM system uses the ABS rings and goes off if the tires L/R F/R don't rotate the same. For example, if both front tires don't rotate at the same RPMs or both rear tires don't rotate at the same RPMs. The system doesn't care if the front tires rotate differerently than the rear tires (which they should since the front tires should be @ 33psi and the rears @ 31psi).

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
6,988 Posts
It is amazing what good and useful information is contained in the User Manual.
Same with the internet in general... as simply inputing a model specific symptom or question into Google will very often bring back a Honda sourced specific extraction from the owners manual for the particular issue or question. This is something where Honda really excells in my view versus a lot of it's competitors.

Being good with google search inputs... I rarely need to even crack open the manual.. unless I am away from home and need an immediate answer while with the vehicle. Same goes for when someone asks a question like this one in the forum.. rather then go get the manual, I insert the keywords in google and out comes an exact match extracted by Honda from the owners manual. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts