Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, some advice is being sought please. I have a 2006 year Gen 2 2.2 diesel CRV which we've owned from new, its done just under 60k miles. Over the last couple of weeks or so I have noticed that when reversing with some steering lock on I can hear a faint clicking noise. It sounds like it's coming from the rear of the car. The noise is relative to the speed of the car and there's no accompanying 'juddering' felt. My gut is telling me that a CV joint might be on the way out but I'm sure sure how to check this out properly. Would it be a good idea to change the dual pump fluid in the final drive to see if that makes any difference or do I just leave it to see if it gets worse and hopefully easier to pin point? By the way it did have the upgraded dual pump fluid flushed through only a year or so after we first bought it. any thoughts would be gratefully received.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I changed the fluid but it hasn't made any difference. I'm going to get it lifted and check the wheel bearings next.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts