Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Clicking noise when pressing brake pedal

5941 9
I can’t tell exactly where the noise is coming from, but it’s from somewhere within the dash. but it’s pretty loud and just started doing it today after my dealer visit to fix my headlight. It’s very loud in the cabin and can be heard outside as well as the video will show. It can be heard over the engine, radio, talking etc. the clicking happens in park, drive, reverse, neutral. whether I’m sitting in park or going 65 mph down the road. Whenever I press the brake pedal a loud click is heard. One click for each press of the brake pedal. This is extremely annoying in stop and go traffic and will Undoubtedly start to annoy me as little noises like this do.

I took it back and they claim it’s normal. They showed me another CRV and it did have the same click but it was a loaner and had 1500 miles. I asked to see another hybrid and it did not have the clicking noise. It was new. I’m a very astute person and would have heard this before today if it were present.
Anyone have any ideas?
does anyone else have this click?
the next nearest dealer to me is a nearly 3 hour drive. And I don’t really want to have to go out there to be told the same thing. I just find it hard to believe this is normal. I’ve heard of having this noise when in park because of a solenoid to allow the car to shift out of park. But this is doing it no matter the gear.
Thanks everyone
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
11,941 Posts
Never heard that before - and quite obtuse of your dealer to palm it off as normal.

I'm no expert, but that sound definitely isnt normal.

Reactions: beww

·
Registered
2021 Honda CR-V Hybrid EX
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never heard that before - and quite obtuse of your dealer to palm it off as normal.

I'm no expert, but that sound definitely isnt normal.
i agree. It def doesn’t seem normal. On another forum something said it’s a spring on an electric brake booster that needs adjustment. I’m not sure about that but it is something I could ask my dealer.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
11,941 Posts
Worth asking - especially if it proves to be a quick fix.

·
Registered
2011 EXL & 2015 EX
632 Posts
Only thing that comes to mind is the brake light switch is setting it off. Whether there is a short in the circuit or wiring is mis-connected? Or something to do with what you mentioned above- brake booster?

·
Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
10,496 Posts
No idea what the cause is. It sounds like something cycling to me. And there are a lot of different things cycling in a CRV iMMD hybrid.

So.. are you sure it was not present before your had your vehicle in the shop for other service? Can you hear it with the hood down, or only with the hood up?

I ask because sometimes we "discover" new sounds and it happens to be right after some other event.. like visiting the dealer. In other words, we become aware of a sound by something that triggers our alertness... but it may not be triggered in real time.. so is it possible that sound has been there for a while and you just noticed it after visiting the dealer??

If the dealers says the sound is normal.. in my view.. they should be able to also explain exactly what the source of the noise is AND why it is normal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.