Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

Concerned CRV mom here. I have a 06 CRV with right at 120k miles. I try to do as much at home maintenance as possible to save money. I drained and filled my ATF 2 days ago (for the first time I believe ever) with around 3.3 qts of Honda DW1 fluid. The fluid that came out was very dark brown... not quite black, but also didn’t seem like it had any suspended metal. The drain plug was grimy but not awful. I drove around after, and it seemed to be great.

Fast forward to today, and now my car makes a clicking noise when going into 1st or 2nd gear. The higher gears seem to be fine.

I’ve been reading that I probably only changed 50% of my fluid at best... looked at my dip stick today and it’s already a pinkish brown instead of bright pink like it was the first day.

I’m leaning toward draining and filling again, but am curious if anyone else has had this issue come up. Now I’m concerned that changing the fluid was a bad thing, and the old particles that were once binded to the old fluid are just getting jammed up in my transmission now with the new stuff, causing it to click.

Any input anyone??? Thank you in advance ☺

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,780 Posts
120k miles for first atf change. Yes, it should have been changed several times by 120k.
Do it again!

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,789 Posts
No insight on the clicks...of course it is difficult to hear over the internet.

If you are concerned, bring it tpo an independent Honda shop for a 'Listen'.

I'm thinking that if you subjected the suspension to 'full droop' it could possibly be a CV joint?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts