Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
My manual says nothing about voice commands. Just the nobs and infotainment screen. I will say that the knobs plus screen climate control is cumbersome and idiotic. Like an engineer had a great thought but only managed to implement half of it. I hope with the redesign, an all screen or all knob solution will be done.

·
Registered
2019 CR-V Hybrid SR Crystal Red Metallic
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Just to agree the voice control for the climate system on my CRV hybrid hasnt worked since new May 2019 “still waiting”
Brinor
Might just be UK Hybrid models which are affected. Might even be limited to early models, mine is May 2019 as well.

I only want verbal control of AC on/off as the other useful vent controls have physical buttons. My dealer has passed it up the line to Honda UK who have passed it to Honda Japan. So far no resolution but then I’m told I’m the only owner to complain so if you don’t mind please log the problem with your dealer. I should add that the dealership checked their CRV stock and none of them worked so they recognise it as an actual problem and not a figment of my imagination.

·
Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
142 Posts
In the name of science I tested mine today. Works perfectly, or at least as well as any of the voice control function on the car. Changed the temperature, turned AC on and off, and turned system off with no issues. July 2020 build Hybrid Touring.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
1,524 Posts
In the name of science I tested mine today. Works perfectly, or at least as well as any of the voice control function on the car. Changed the temperature, turned AC on and off, and turned system off with no issues. July 2020 build Hybrid Touring.
So you have factory Nav? I just checked my manual and the CC voice controls are asterisked as "models with navigation system".
I'll try it tomorrow if I can remember, but I'm guessing I don't have the feature. July 2020 build in Indiana, but the EX, without factory nav.
Heck, they already have TWO interfaces for the CC system (buttons and touch screen), I certainly don't need a third. :)

·
Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
142 Posts
So you have factory Nav? I just checked my manual and the CC voice controls are asterisked as "models with navigation system".
I'll try it tomorrow if I can remember, but I'm guessing I don't have the feature. July 2020 build in Indiana, but the EX, without factory nav.
Heck, they already have TWO interfaces for the CC system (buttons and touch screen), I certainly don't need a third. :)
Yes, it’s the Touring trim with the factory Nav. Voice commands for the factory system are pretty clunky, but most of what I care about controlling via voice is through CarPlay anyway.

·
Registered
461 Posts
mine will not adjust the temperature the control action is shown on the screen when I speak but nothing happens
Its is not a major problem to me
but unless we all report this problem Honda the dealers will continue saying your the only one who has this problem

·
Registered
461 Posts
We might not need a third option as the other two are not hard to use
But if we have voice activated controls they should work

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for those who have responded so far but I was hoping for more reports. I’m trying to determine whether this is localised problem to UK/European Gen 5 Hybrids or it affects other models across the board.
I just bought a UK 2019 CR-V Hybrid. It acknowledges I am speaking commands, but bluntly refuses to do anything about it.

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,767 Posts
Gotta be worth all UK Hybrid owners collectively contacting Honda UK to see if this can be escalated.

Must be owners out there who are not members here or may be owners on a FaceAche club that are having the same issues.

Reactions: EXcommunicated

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
1,524 Posts
I have confirmed that the US model Hybrid EX does not have this feature, just like the manual said.
If you put all the available voice commands on-screen there are no CC commands listed.

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,767 Posts
I have confirmed that the US model Hybrid EX does not have this feature, just like the manual said.
If you put all the available voice commands on-screen there are no CC commands listed.
Not to antagonise others, but for the purposes of UK CR-Vs, the CC commands work in my 1.5T.

A bit slow, but they work nonetheless.

·
Registered
2019 CR-V Hybrid SR Crystal Red Metallic
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Gotta be worth all UK Hybrid owners collectively contacting Honda UK to see if this can be escalated.
To be truthful it’s just an annoyance now and I’m not going to lie awake at night worrying about it. It would have been nice if Honda had sorted it but unless I rear end someone whilst focussed on my touchscreen looking for the AC on off button I think I shall let it go.

Thanks for all who responded to my initial post it appears to confirm that it’s a common problem relating to UK Hybrid CRVs.

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,767 Posts
Hi
Having read this , I have just tried it on my 21yr Hybrid and can confirm that it works fine and all features on climate control work on voice activation
I wonder if the MY21 has had an update?

PLease post pics of your car in the Gallery too :)

21 - 40 of 42 Posts