Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We have been experiencing warmer weather and have just turned on my climate control. The acceleration from stop stop seems sluggish for the first 3000rpm and then opens up and accelerates faster from there onwards. I have taken it to 2 dealerships and they both said its normal but I am still unsure.

I have a 2014 CRV model(2.0 litre).

Can anyone please let me know if you are experiencing the same?

Thank you!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apologies, just wanted to add that it feels the engine is holding the car back and then letting it go. Hope that makes sense?

·
Registered
280 Posts
My 97 CRV felt this way anytime the AC is on and I am trying to accelerate onto a freeway, have to turn off the AC to get up to speed quickly. On my 09 it is not as bad but there are times when it is necessary to turn off the AC.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same way with my '02. Specially that the ramp onto the freeway on my way from work is inclined, I really have to step hard on the gas to get to traffic speed.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,740 Posts
The A/C compressor is a significant additional load on the 2.4L engine. I would expect your 2.0L engine would be affected more.

You could compare performance with the A/C on or off.

Regards the feeling that the engine is sluggish at low revs, yes that is a characteristic of the Honda engines. They make POWER at high revs but not low end TORQUE.

On the 2.4L, part throttle operation will seem to be especially sluggish (as you said, "engine holding the car back and then letting it go") at certain rev ranges due to VTEC programming. The engines DO pull in a proper manner at WOT. This IS a normal characteristic of Honda petrol engines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts