Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Setting the climate control temperature to 72 degrees (regardless of the outside temp) will result in a very warm cabin temperature. Setting the climate control temperature to 63 degrees (again, regardless of the outside temp maintains a comfortable cabin temperature. The correlation between the actual temperature and the dialed temperature is off by about 9 degrees. Anyone have a similar observation and perhaps a fix? Tx, Curt S.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,038 Posts
What year is your CR-V? In your other post today, you mention it is a 2002, but this is posted in Gen 5, which is US 2017-2020+ or 2018+ UK

Reactions: TheDarkKnight

·
Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
812 Posts
Setting the climate control temperature to 72 degrees (regardless of the outside temp) will result in a very warm cabin temperature. Setting the climate control temperature to 63 degrees (again, regardless of the outside temp) maintains a comfortable cabin temperature. The correlation between the actual temperature and the dialed temperature is off by about 9 degrees. Anyone have a similar observation and perhaps a fix? Tx, Curt S.
Just set it at whatever temp keeps the cabin comfortable. Mine stays at 66 in the summer and I suspect the cabin air temp is 4-6 warmer, but who cares. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2017 CR-V EX-L w/ NAV
994 Posts
I agree just find what is comfortable to you and don't worry about what it says. There was about a 8* difference b/w wife's RAV4 and my CRV.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
6,956 Posts
Are you operating your climate control on manual or Auto? Auto is much better at managing cabin temperature than if you are fiddling with it manually. Cabin temperature setting is your setpoint for your cabin. If your climate control system is set to Auto, then it will work to maintain the set temperature.

Keep in mind, the actual cabin temperature in short trips or very hot climate may be warmer. Also different parts of the cabin will be warmer or colder as well. It could be warmer on the sunward side of the vehicle than on the shaded side. A vehicle cabin is NOT comparable to central air in a home. So at best, you are setting a relative comfort setting for your cabin by adjusting the temperature setting. The cabin has a temperature sensor in it that is used by the automatic climate control system.

Just set the cabin temperature where it is most comfortable for you, and set it to AUTO and leave it be. No need to try to dial it in to be computer lab static temperature. The front passenger can set theirs as well, and as long as you do not sync them.... each side will drive air to keep that side of the cabin as close to temperature as possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts