Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda 2018 CR V...When climate control is directed to blow warm air on feet....warm air is still blowing through the dash vents..

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Maybe vent flow was changed from '17 to '18. On our '17 V, when the floor vent is selected, most of the air is directed to the floor vent, the center dash vent is shut off completely and the 2 end dash vents flow a very limited amount of air.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I can check my wifes when she gets home but I am pretty sure it directs the overwhelming majority to the feet, that is the purpose of the blind doors and the ability to direct the air.

Its not on Auto is it?

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
I’ll add...........if floor is selected AND the end dash vents are closed, nothing should be coming out of the dash.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I can check my wifes when she gets home but I am pretty sure it directs the overwhelming majority to the feet, that is the purpose of the blind doors and the ability to direct the air.

Its not on Auto is it?
Personally I leave mine on auto, set the thermostat, and ignore it from there. But even in manual mode.. the system does have pre-coded operation for things like heating, which includes glass defogging when it thinks it is warranted.

The system is smart and it will often push some bypass air through the side vents as well as the defog ports at the base of the windshield when the heater is active. This is done to prevent window fogging in cold weather with a cold cabin and humans breathing out moist air. I would not expect to see any air venting from the centere air ports on the dash, but I could be wrong on that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts