Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Moderate
2,667 Posts
Most likely you would be able to keep the reverse camera, but the voice recognition may be tricky.
Gen3 voice recognition is worthless anyway (I'm very good at different accents, to no avail "I beg your pardon?").

Modern AA/CP head units rely on Google/Apple voice recognition which work like a charm.

· Moderate
2,667 Posts
I'm sure Alpine is cross using software and components between models and OEMs so we'll be hearing about this from other Alpine head units as well.

EDIT: Mods, please make a sticky announcement - It's not a GPS issue, it's a plain old bad coding issue, caused by lousy analyze phase of a software project.

· Moderate
2,667 Posts
As a firmware engineer
As a former firmware engineer from the time of 2 kilobytes of memory we used to allocate as many individual bits as necessary, dynamically and release them when no longer needed. No issues of clogged bytes or worse: words.

· Moderate
2,667 Posts
That software was almost certainly farmed out, and nobody at Honda ever saw this coming, or even knew it was a possibility.
The head unit is manufactured by Alpine. They are most likely the ones to blame.

Reactions: TheDarkKnight

· Moderate
2,667 Posts
They did NOT fix this same issue back in 2017 for 05/06 Acura owners. People were stuck with having to upgrade their NAV systems to 07+ units. I have zero sympathy for Honda. They did not fix this as far as I can tell the prior couple times it happened.
They also completely ignored the issue with Gen4 (pre-facelift 2VN3 head unit) Bluetooth audio/control lag even when the cars were under warranty. It was a badly designed LiteOn Bluetooth module which was not able to handshake to correct audio stream protocol and defaulted to raw data stream. This is the only thing I dislike about my Gen4.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.