Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Clock Fault - [Merged Master Thread]

165531 Views 227 Replies 101 Participants Last post by  TheDarkKnight
Moderator Edit:

Short Summary -

Clock Time/Date Issue - Not GPS Related.

Honda USA aware - possible fix due by August 2022, not guaranteed. No timeline yet for Honda UK.

UK members - contact Honda UK via:

This thread will be locked if people cannot grow up and rein in their pseudo hysteria.

Read the thread BEFORE you consider posting.

We dont want to do this, but unless any posts actually have value, then we're left with no option but to close this thread and you'll ruin it for everyone.

Its your call.

-TDK

All of a sudden my clock is resetting to 2002 at 4pm everytime I restart the car. Any thoughts? Maybe need to update Navigation DVD?
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2011 CRV EX IDTEC
28 Posts
My 2010 EX-L w/ navigation system force clock to 1:00 and cannot be changed manually. Got be year 2022 related. Not sure if disconnect battery could fix this issue or not.
Battery disconnect doesn’t solve the issue neither does download of existing nav disc looks like it’s a phone call or visit to Honda see if they come up with a fix

· Registered
2011 CRV EX IDTEC
28 Posts
Contacted my local dealer today and explained the problem they told me they were unaware of any software issues at the moment but did say that buying the latest sat nav disc would be of no help
Guess just need to try again in few days meantime will wear my watch 😂

· Registered
2011 CRV EX IDTEC
28 Posts
Most dealers are clueless even when they are clued up - but at least they did tell you the right thing that a new disc would solve nothing.

As I said upthread, better to invest that money on a new headunit TBH.
If I did go down the new head unit route would I still keep same functions as old one eg reverse camera voice recognition etc

· Registered
2011 CRV EX IDTEC
28 Posts
If Honda doesn't have an easy fix for this they might offer some deal on new units, not likely but you never know.
I'd wait and see what Honda does before I'd spend a lot of money.
Maybe they'll provide a nice brass Honda-branded mechanical clock for the dash?
😂😂 certainly be better than the clock I’ve got at the moment yeah fingers crossed they come up with something

Depends on the brand.

Most likely you would be able to keep the reverse camera, but the voice recognition may be tricky. Frankly, I'd rather have a better headunit than those two - particularly if you have reverse parking sensors.
Know what you mean sounds not great might have a look see what’s available for my hard earned £££

Gen3 voice recognition is worthless anyway (I'm very good at different accents, to no avail "I beg your pardon?").

Modern AA/CP head units rely on Google/Apple voice recognition which work like a charm.
Ha ha I’m Scottish so it doesn’t understand a word I say in any language 😀

1 - 4 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.