Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 228 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
I think it’s not unlikely they’ll update the software and alert owners, since, otherwise, it’s a defective clock/radio; however, this may take time and more complaints! So are we saying this is def not a fuse issue? Was gonna change it later today — also, my dash volume has been acting up (steering wheel control for volume is fine), so thought this was related to fuse/power.

So consensus is, we just wait? OK, thanks for updating on this thread, tho! I appreciate you.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

same problem here. i started my car on 02/01/2022 kai the time was wrong!
i tried correcting it with + and - Hour and Time but after turning it OFF for about 5-10 minutes and turning it ON, Hour was correct but Minutes turned to :00 .

i thought it was a fuse or a wire but it seems its for everyone. So it must be the Navigation software/firmware.

i hope someone finds a solution soon!

i will also investigate it a bit further with firmware update, if i have any updates, i will let you know.

Cheers !

(does anyone know what is the latest firmware of the Nav System is and where to download it? )
2009 UK edition

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,288 Posts
I would be interested to know if anyone with an aftermarket head unit has the issue.
Guess that would depend on the non-OEM headunit maker and when the device was manufactured.

· Registered
8 Posts
I purchased the updated navigation CD from Honda maybe a few years ago -- not sure if that also updated the firmware or not?
If they do update this via firmware, it'd prob be w/ an appt with local Honda dealership, yeah?

Ugh. This is gonna bug me.

Guess that would depend on the non-OEM headunit maker and when the device was manufactured.

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,288 Posts
I purchased the updated navigation CD from Honda maybe a few years ago -- not sure if that also updated the firmware or not?
Not likely.

Nav disc is just that, a Nav disc.

· Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issues that I just noticed yesterday with my 2011 CRV EXL. As one other in this thread has mentioned, the date is set to January 1, 2002 and not changeable. I too have tried resetting the time, but it reverts to whatever it wants to and not what you set it to be - regardless of if you turn off GPS synchronization of Time or not. Wishing for a simple fix.

· Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys,

same problem here. i started my car on 02/01/2022 kai the time was wrong!
i tried correcting it with + and - Hour and Time but after turning it OFF for about 5-10 minutes and turning it ON, Hour was correct but Minutes turned to :00 .

i thought it was a fuse or a wire but it seems its for everyone. So it must be the Navigation software/firmware.

i hope someone finds a solution soon!

i will also investigate it a bit further with firmware update, if i have any updates, i will let you know.

Cheers !

(does anyone know what is the latest firmware of the Nav System is and where to download it? )
2009 UK edition
RE: Firmware, good question, I can look up the system info but not sure if it’s the latest. But I hadnt had issues till now.

RE: Nav update, I got a letter from Honda to buy the CD, so you can prob call your local Honda place?

· Premium Member
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
4,338 Posts
Well this should be fun.
Microsoft has addressed the issue with their Exchange servers, but so far I didn't find anything on the net (except here) about it effecting Android systems.
It's pretty obvious it's the same issue, using a signed int32 to represent the date, similar to the "Y2K" issue.
Whether this is specific to the way Honda is doing things will be seen soon.
Addressing the matter on the server side is one thing, dealing with it in millions of vehicles is quite another.
Fasten your seatbelts, and perhaps buy a watch. :)

· Registered
6 Posts
As per everyone her, same issue withe 2008 EX with Nav system.
Unable to set clock as the + and - buttons give strange results?
So will this clock issue have a problem with the GPS and navigation function of the headunit? Does the system clock have to coincide with the clock received from the GPS satellite system? Anyone tried using the navigation system since this issue has been detected?
Aren't these headunits manufactured by Clarion? Perhaps they may be able to provide the answer? I wonder if any other vehicles with SatNav units are having similar problems?

· Registered
1 Posts
This would of been a known issue I suspect, so if you can update the firmware to a "lastest" version it could fix the problem. . However I haven't tested doing a firmware update since the latest disks I have are 2009.... and I'm not real sure the firmware is updatable. ( though there are lots of instructions on the web on how to go into the diagnostic mode and update the firmware from CD)

Any with latest CD's looked into doing a firmware update and is it possible and did it resolve the issue?

· Registered
8 Posts
I’m in California, I’m going to go to my local Honda dealership/shop tomorrow and at least let them know, might be more effective than this forum, not sure if anyone from Honda is connected to this forum.

· Premium Member
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
4,338 Posts
I’m in California, I’m going to go to my local Honda dealership/shop tomorrow and at least let them know, might be more effective than this forum, not sure if anyone from Honda is connected to this forum.
No one here is connected with Honda, see the bottom of every page.
I agree, letting your dealer know is a good idea.

· Registered
2007 EX-L Front Wheel Drive with Navigation.
596 Posts
My 2007 EX with Navigation is doing the same thing. Every time I reset the clock it comes up with a different time. My last Navigation update was in 2019. Very frustrating. If anyone figures out how to reset their clock for the correct time, please share the directions.

· Registered
2007 EX-L Front Wheel Drive with Navigation.
596 Posts
My Wifes 2010 EX, clock has started telling the wrong time. It was fine on her way home on Friday, today it was a couple of hours slow. I tried to reset it but the + & - keys are doing odd things. I eventually got the time correct, next time we stopped and switched off the ignition it was slow again. Wondered if it might be a sync issue with the atomicic clock or just bad luck and we have a faulty unit?
I am very curious how you were able to reset your clock to the correct time? I have tried and tried and I am sure there is a way to do it. Could you share the procedure? Many thanks!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Yeah I know the feeling that I’m a little reluctant to drop $150 if it might not fix it. I’ve got the 2009 DVD that shipped with the car.
Slow..?

It is synchronized by the audio, unit and the audio unit is synched by GPS. If you have correct minutes and wrong hour means it is set in the wrong time zone or has the daylight timesaving.

Sent from my BBD100-1 using Tapatalk
Nope. Everytime the car starts it resets to 1/1/2002 at 4pm.

Not likely.

Nav disc is just that, a Nav disc.
The NAV disc has firmware on it. But it was up to someone to remember to fix the coding.

21 - 40 of 228 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.