Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Clock Fault - [Merged Master Thread]

160153 227
Moderator Edit:

Short Summary -

Clock Time/Date Issue - Not GPS Related.

Honda USA aware - possible fix due by August 2022, not guaranteed. No timeline yet for Honda UK.

UK members - contact Honda UK via:

This thread will be locked if people cannot grow up and rein in their pseudo hysteria.

Read the thread BEFORE you consider posting.

We dont want to do this, but unless any posts actually have value, then we're left with no option but to close this thread and you'll ruin it for everyone.

Its your call.

-TDK

All of a sudden my clock is resetting to 2002 at 4pm everytime I restart the car. Any thoughts? Maybe need to update Navigation DVD?
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
RE: Firmware, good question, I can look up the system info but not sure if it’s the latest. But I hadnt had issues till now.

RE: Nav update, I got a letter from Honda to buy the CD, so you can prob call your local Honda place?
i talked with Honda dealer and they know the issue. they will get back to me with the solution (if there is a solution) within this week.
they will talk with Honda manufacturers to find a solution and as soon as they have an official answer, they will contact me.

as soon as i have their answer, i will post it.

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am currently running into the same issue with my 2008 crv ex-l. Noticed it yesterday. Jan 1st 2002 and mine resets to 2:00 every time I start the vehicle. I'm trying to reach out to honda of America. I will post an update if I hear anything back from them.

·
Premium Member
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
5,244 Posts
It's going to be interesting to see how Honda reacts, given that all the effected vehicles are out of warranty, and it would be a real stretch to call this a safety issue.
Manufacturers do not like having to put money into already-sold vehicles.
And it's probably too late for any recourse against the head unit maker.
But the negative good-will would hurt them if they don't fix it.
What to do...

·
Premium Member
5,244 Posts
Folks, we now know what the problem is.
I've now seen posts on Ridgeline, Accord, Civic, Odyssey and Pilot. A definite trend is emerging. :)
All we can do is wait for a solution from Honda, and hope it arrives.

·
Registered
Honda CRV I-VTEC RE5 Auto
32 Posts
I have Tweeted Honda UK!!! Let’s see if they respond..
I have been pulling my hair out all morning trying to resolve this. Even tried to reset the clock manually but the + & - buttons to weird things...

A quick Google search will show that All Hondas of this vintage have the issue, Ridgelines, Civics, Accords.
There are posts on the sites of several Honda dealers.
It appears Ford Mavericks are having issues, and they don't have the excuse of old software.
Almost certainly other instances will arise.
As I said, interesting, but nothing we can do but wait and watch.
I guess we started to get reports from the UK because it was 2022 there first. :)
Yes, its doing it here in the UK aswell.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi

So, I am in the UK and experiencing the same
Mine keeps resetting to 1:00 and the time adjust + & - buttons do not do what you expect.
I pulled up the diagnostics page and get a very strange date and time on the GPS Information page.
Wonder if its a GPS software issue rather than the head unit?

Neil
World Font Rectangle Gadget Line

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
11,843 Posts
A quick Google search will show that All Hondas of this vintage have the issue, Ridgelines, Civics, Accords.
I've done a bit of a scour this morning but its not affecting UK Civics (8th and 9th Gen) nor the last of the 8th Gen Accords either.

Wonder if its a GPS software issue rather than the head unit?
Unlikely because that would mean even newer cars like my 5th Gen would be affected, but it isn't.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there i have the same issues clock wont set . Every time i set it and turn car off and on it immediately loses 5 min my Honda 2011 crv idtec 2.2 uk sat nav version all
This since after 1 jan 2022 . I realy would like to know also if anyone finds a fix i already looked for an after market radio kenwood about 500 euros but if this issue is fixed then. No need to buy new unit .

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've done a bit of a scour this morning but its not affecting UK Civics (8th and 9th Gen) nor the last of the 8th Gen Accords either.

Unlikely because that would mean even newer cars like my 5th Gen would be affected, but it isn't.
Very true. Looks like its the way of storing date and time in one 32bit string and we now have string overflow! I have emailed Honda UK & tweeted.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
11,843 Posts
Seems quite a few people have tweeted out to Honda UK.

Being Bank Holiday today, I would be surprised if any official response emerges.

That said, while its not nice for those of you afflicted, it is nice to see more UK members sign up to CRVOC - silver linings and all that :)

·
Registered
2011 CRV EX IDTEC
28 Posts
Contacted my local dealer today and explained the problem they told me they were unaware of any software issues at the moment but did say that buying the latest sat nav disc would be of no help
Guess just need to try again in few days meantime will wear my watch 😂

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
11,843 Posts
Contacted my local dealer today and explained the problem they told me they were unaware of any software issues at the moment but did say that buying the latest sat nav disc would be of no help
Most dealers are clueless even when they are clued up - but at least they did tell you the right thing that a new disc would solve nothing.

As I said upthread, better to invest that money on a new headunit TBH.

·
Registered
2011 CRV EX IDTEC
28 Posts
Most dealers are clueless even when they are clued up - but at least they did tell you the right thing that a new disc would solve nothing.

As I said upthread, better to invest that money on a new headunit TBH.
If I did go down the new head unit route would I still keep same functions as old one eg reverse camera voice recognition etc

·
Premium Member
5,244 Posts
If Honda doesn't have an easy fix for this they might offer some deal on new units, not likely but you never know.
I'd wait and see what Honda does before I'd spend a lot of money.
Maybe they'll provide a nice brass Honda-branded mechanical clock for the dash?

61 - 80 of 228 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.