Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Clock Fault - [Merged Master Thread]

165531 Views 227 Replies 101 Participants Last post by  TheDarkKnight
Moderator Edit:

Short Summary -

Clock Time/Date Issue - Not GPS Related.

Honda USA aware - possible fix due by August 2022, not guaranteed. No timeline yet for Honda UK.

UK members - contact Honda UK via:

This thread will be locked if people cannot grow up and rein in their pseudo hysteria.

Read the thread BEFORE you consider posting.

We dont want to do this, but unless any posts actually have value, then we're left with no option but to close this thread and you'll ruin it for everyone.

Its your call.

-TDK

All of a sudden my clock is resetting to 2002 at 4pm everytime I restart the car. Any thoughts? Maybe need to update Navigation DVD?
Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 228 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
How do you get to the gps diagnostic screen?

Thanks

Hi

So, I am in the UK and experiencing the same
Mine keeps resetting to 1:00 and the time adjust + & - buttons do not do what you expect.
I pulled up the diagnostics page and get a very strange date and time on the GPS Information page.
Wonder if its a GPS software issue rather than the head unit?

Neil
View attachment 152693
Can you share how to get to this screen?

· Moderate
2,667 Posts
I'm sure Alpine is cross using software and components between models and OEMs so we'll be hearing about this from other Alpine head units as well.

EDIT: Mods, please make a sticky announcement - It's not a GPS issue, it's a plain old bad coding issue, caused by lousy analyze phase of a software project.

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,288 Posts
EDIT: Mods, please make a sticky announcement - It's not a GPS issue
Good idea Sir.

Temporarily pinned and topic title amended for new members signing up with this issue.

Reactions: williamsji and mrtn

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,288 Posts
I just spoke with an agent from Honda Corporation # 1-800-999-1009. They are aware of the navigation clock problem. At this time the problem is with their engineers and it will take awhile until it is figured out. I registered and received a reference number to hear from them when there is a fix. Unfortunately not soon.
Thanks for updating.

Given that the CR-V has a much bigger presence in the USA vs UK/Europe, any fix - if forthcoming - may well be limited to your shores.

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi sorry to bother you ,my wife's CRV has just begun to have exactly the same problem.
Did you find a "fix" for this ? (2011 CRV-Ex . The clock will not display the correct current time - it defaults to 01:00 on starting the engine and then displays various odd times throughout the day. The satnav is also playing up; it will register a postcode address but never move from 'not on the digitised route'.)..
Many thanks Phil

· Registered
1 Posts
Just spoke to Honda @800-999-1009 and they are now aware of the issue and it should resolve by itself by August of 2022. Not sure how, he did not know. Just said engineers are looking into this.
As PSeghers did, call Honda and register your complaint - get a reference number.

· Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
9,577 Posts
First... welcome to the many new members joining today, courtesy of this software bug. So... (y) (y)

We hope you all stick around past the current clock issue and join fellow members in other discussions about all things CRV. :)

As for this issue, since we have at least one member who received a response from Honda Corporate... essentially confirming they are aware of the issue and engineers are investigating...... I wanted to set new members expectations a bit here with respect to Honda tracking down issues:

Expect no fast response to the public from Honda beyond, "we are aware of the issue and are investigating". Honda is known for keeping quiet beyond this, UNTIL they have a fix identified, or conclude there is no fix. So, please give them sometime, and do not get impatient and start setting curtains on fire or anything dramatic like that. This thread has been going well so far, and I would hate to see us have to go in and start cleaning up any mess caused by frustrations being expressed inelegantly.

We thank you in advance for your understanding as we discuss this topic.

· Registered
1 Posts
Scooter,

My nav unit started doing the same thing yesterday, 1/1/2022. 2008 EX-L FWD. Not a battery issue. Found discussion on another forum where 04-06 Acura TL owners ran into a similar problem last January. There was no clear fix. Some people upgraded to the '07-'08 unit, which has a more recent DVD, while others were pushing Acura for a DVD update for the '04-'06 unit. I think they are still waiting.

There is a 2021 turquoise DVD update that is currently available for our nav unit. I'm reluctant to pay $150+ for it without knowing for sure that it will fix the time and date problem. On the other hand, it is the last update available for our system, and it may sell out if this is a widespread issue. I am currently running the 2011 turquoise DVD.
Hi
My 2011 also started having problems on Jan 1 2022. Date and time off . Defaults to Jan 1 2002 at 12:00 or 4:00 pm every time I turn the car on . Unable to change date and time manually and make it current. Radio and Navigation is working. I am Also currently using 2011 software and never had a problem. Was also thinking of updating the software but didn’t no if it would fix the date/time problem. Called a local dealer and Honda bit haven’t got any good feedback .

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone! Just spoke to Honda and received the following information.

Yes, we are so sorry for the issue you are experiencing with your vehicle. We have escalated the NAVI Clock Issue to our Engineering Team and they have informed us that you will experience issue from Jan 2022 thru August 2022 and then it will auto-correct. Please be assured that we will continue to monitor this and will advise you if a fix is available before that time. Thank you for being a loyal Honda customer.

· Registered
1 Posts
All of a sudden my clock is resetting to 2002 at 4pm everytime I restart the car. Any thoughts? Maybe need to update Navigation DVD?
ACCORDING TO HONDA (800) 999-1009 THERE IS AN ISSUE THAT WILL SELF RESOLVE IN AUGUST. IN THE MEANTIME THEIR ENGINEERS ARE WORKING ON IT. Do call, they are trying to stay in contact with owners that have this issue.

· Registered
1 Posts
I just came here for the same thing...LOL... My husband told me that when he went out yesterday morning the clock shows January 1, instead of 2, and 4:00, which is wrong. I tried in vain to adjust the time twice and the buttons would not work. Although I'm not happy at least I know I'm not crazy.

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,288 Posts
Makes you wonder why the August "fix" cant be implemented sooner...but I'm sure there must be a valid reason behind it.

· Registered
1 Posts
New member here.

Thank you for the phone number to Honda Corp (800-999-1009). I just spoke with them, and was told they have been receiving numerous calls about this issue, so I was happy to add my voice to the noise being created.

I too was told it would be sometime between now and August before a fix was put in place. It may just be wishful thinking on my part, but hopefully if enough of a stink is raised, they will treat it with a little urgency. Honda does not want to deal with this kind of hassle.

· Registered
1 Posts
Honda Fit (2009) owner here, and I found this forum after having the same issue. I called Honda's 'In-Car Technology Support' number, and I also got an August estimate for a patch, but they asked for my email to contact me if they have something sooner. They took my VIN, too, and gave me a case number.

· Registered
2 Posts
Just spoke to Honda @800-999-1009 and they are now aware of the issue and it should resolve by itself by August of 2022. Not sure how, he did not know. Just said engineers are looking into this.
As PSeghers did, call Honda and register your complaint - get a reference number.
...by August? 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ thats ridiculous

101 - 120 of 228 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.