Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter September's CR-V of the month Challenge HERE
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 EX manual trans. 2001 LX manual trans, 2006 EX auto trans
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2001 LX with manual trans. Runs good but clock doesn't work. Has anyone used one of the rebuild services to get theirs working?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Like many past posts in the last few years here JoanCW, this was a common problem in 1st. Gen. CR-V’s and beyond. Some here will tell you it’s an easy DUI fix but the rebuild services on Ebay are valid if you are not conducive to soldering and such, it’s a good way to go.

I had one of the Ebay guys do our 2 CR-V’s at the time and they’re both still working excellent. Use the search function here about clocks not working, clock repair or whatever and you’ll find many good posts concerning this.

·
Registered
2000 EX manual trans. 2001 LX manual trans, 2006 EX auto trans
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have read about the circuit board traces and how they crack and can be resoldered, however my eye sight is poor close up so I am unable to do fine soldering any more. Was hoping some one had the name of a specific person or company they used to get their clock rebuilt and would recommend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have read about the circuit board traces and how they crack and can be resoldered, however my eye sight is poor close up so I am unable to do fine soldering any more. Was hoping some one had the name of a specific person or company they used to get their clock rebuilt and would recommend.
It has been a few years so the eBay seller I used isn't there any more. However, here is another with 100% positive reviews:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts